New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

kiwijw  
Posted : Tuesday, 20 April 2010 5:04:15 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi Guys, Here are a few beach finds from around Waihi beach & Whangamata & kids playgrounds.
Mostly found with my Garrett Treasureace 300 Some with my GP 3000 when I was learning to drive it. And a few with my Bounty hunter tracker IV.

The anklets are 9 carat gold. The gold rings are mostly 18 carat, the first pale blue ring is 18 carat with an aquamarine stone with diamonds around it. Some have diamonds & blue sapphire. The puzzle ring is 18 carat. Stirling silver rings at the back.

UserPostedImage

Some coins from a jar I came across in the book shelf. There are a couple of big coffee jars full somewhere but I cant lay my hands on them at the moment. All sorts of coins from pre decimal to old decimal & current. Overseas coins as well that tourists must have lost. Lead sinkers too of course & the odd kids toy match box cars

UserPostedImage

Junk rings. Silver on the left hand side & an army button up the front

UserPostedImage

With my GP 3000 I found this antque big stirling silver heart locket buried a good 20" in the sand & it even had a rock the size of a soccer ball on top of it. I carefully lifted it out of the sand when I got down to it & saw the chain. I took it home before I attempted to open it as I thought it would be full of sand. Much to my suprise out popped an 18 carat ring with a blue sapphire in the middle surrounded by diamonds.
The ring is propped up on the right hand side at the back

UserPostedImage

I have lost count of all the $1 & $2 coins I have found as these were generally spent. So I would say my coin detectors have well & truely paid for them selfs many times over.

Happy hunting

JW :)

Edited by user Tuesday, 20 April 2010 5:06:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

overdog  
Posted : Tuesday, 20 April 2010 7:10:19 PM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Holy crap JW! Some interesting stuff there... Kinda makes me want to put on the headtorch,get out there and start swinging (if you see what I mean lol!)
How long to amass this little lot?
kiwijw  
Posted : Wednesday, 21 April 2010 9:57:58 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi there overdog, There is a few years worth but the other jars of coins would be a heap more than this but they a buried away in the back of my storage container somewhere. I havnt been out doing this kind of detecting for a couple of years now. But I went out for half an hopur the other night & found a nice stirling silver ring with an aquamarine stone in it. I forgot to take a photo of that & put it up. I use to take my detector with me where ever I went but not so much these days. Just stick mostly to gold fossicking nowdays in the weekends weather permitting.

JW