New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

louie  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 April 2010 6:05:45 AM(UTC)
louie

Groups: Registered

This was the first prototype of a dredge I asked a chinese large dredge manufacturer to make me.
He offered to pay my airfares to spend a week in his factory and help develop a dredge for the small dredge
market
I hope the picture loads this time
File Attachment(s):
kiwijw  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 April 2010 7:41:35 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi there Louie, Be good to see the dredge. You should be able to preview your post with pic attached before you actuly post it so you know all has gone according to plan. I know I can when I load pics on from Photobucket. Not sure though when you do an attachment as I havnt done pics that way.

Happy hunting

JW :)
gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 April 2010 8:07:48 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Hi JW,

Below the forum post editor there's a little checkbox you can tick to say you also want to upload photos. If this is ticked you're taken to a screen where you can attach files to the post when you click the submit button.

Not the most intuative design I admit - puzzled me at first also!

If attachements are images and they're below a certain size (width and height in pixels - can't remember what they are off the top of my head) you'll see a thumbnail version and they can be clicked to popup a full view. If they're bigger then they just get attached as attchments that you need to download to view. I guess the maximum size is there to make sure people with smaller screens don't have issues when trying to view photos.

Photobucket option seems to be working very well for you though ;)

Cheers,
Gavin
louie  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 April 2010 8:11:25 AM(UTC)
louie

Hi Gavin
Had to swap computers to load photo.Works fine now
cheers
kiwijw  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 April 2010 1:57:18 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

G'day Louie, Holy mucken fackrel!!!. Try fitting that sucker in your back pack. I thought you said it was a dredge for the smaller end of the market. They look like 44 gallon drums for floats. Is that a 4" or 5" dredge? Doesnt look like a 6".
Cheers

JW :)
louie  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 April 2010 4:26:04 PM(UTC)
louie

Lol thats what I thought.He worked for a large dredge manufacturer ($500,000+) I was talking to him one day and asked him if he could manufacture portable dredges (2"-6") He said yes and sent me photos of proline dredges and said he had the expertise to make anything in a matter of days.I asked him for a working model I could test and this is the outcome.After telling him what I thought of his dredge he offered to pay my airfare over to China to help with the technical/specification side of things.It was a project to try to get small cheap dredges manufactured for resale.
The chinese are usually quite good at copying something to near identical but just using cheaper generic parts to keep costs down.Everything I asked of him was never implemented in the design-as you can see
kiwijw  
Posted : Thursday, 29 April 2010 3:42:17 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Chukle chukle, MMMmm The Chinese.....dont you love to hate them. They will be the demise of all of us. I dont mean that lightly & I shouldnt be saying it on here. But we are under mining our own economy by buying there cheap products & sending our manufacturing wants & need to be made in China. Jobs taken away from kiwi's etc etc. We can sit back now & think oh choice, I will buy it from China as it is cheap....but we are cutting our own throats...under mining our countries economy & ultimatly our own life style will suffer. How can we compete with a grain of rice?? We are propping up & booming there economy & their employment by giving them manufacturing work & taking those jobs away from our own people. It aint rocket science.It isnt just us of coarse, but the whole world flooding to their shores. The Chinese will rule the world. Mark my words. Watch the Americans very carefully on this one..... Scary Times ahead.....

JW :(:(
louie  
Posted : Thursday, 29 April 2010 6:25:51 AM(UTC)
louie

someones paranoid jw must be part of the older generation lol
roman holiday  
Posted : Thursday, 29 April 2010 8:20:45 AM(UTC)
roman holiday

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Could be a bursting bubble ahead in China... which will damage the kiwi economy. The way out of the mess is a new international currency system imo..... which gold could play a part in. Keep hold of that gold you find fossicking, it looks likely to be worth even more in the future. :)