New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
waka  
Posted : Thursday, 16 April 2015 8:37:36 PM(UTC)
waka

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Gday 5amp.
thanks for the link man food for thought.I wished I had it last Friday I was on the shot over .with the jet boats being such a frickn nuisance it may have come in really handy as my sluice was blown out of the water 3 bloody times .Hahaha I bet they were cracking up.
kiwikeith  
Posted : Thursday, 16 April 2015 9:44:00 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Helped organise get together for Paydirt members and volunteered gold claim for the event (Oct 2013)

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 154 post(s)
hi waka
great idea with the transport . I used a 3 wheeler pram to carry gear you push it up the track then when the going got tough I hand pack straps mounted on it I just put it on like a pack. got some funny looks at times

being looking at the gravity dredge idea , its got some merit I think you need the head to get the pressure eg a steep creek with a short pipe if there is very little fall then you will need more piping. the biggest problem being the more pipe the more problem to carry.
waka  
Posted : Friday, 17 April 2015 9:45:02 AM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

Good morning Kiwikeith.
The 3wheeler sounds great.I don't worry about looks it's the practability that counts.haha.
I have a couple places where a 10 mtr hose would work.I have just had my 4 total hip replacement so want b out for a wee while dam it,all this talk is making me itch again.Went and had a look at the Arrow for 2 days last week,got some colour but haven't cleaned my cons up as yet. Home today if the wife says its ok lol.
I don't really want to carry any more but may have to as a back up.Thanks for the post mate.
tasmangold  
Posted : Friday, 17 April 2015 12:04:47 PM(UTC)
tasmangold

New Zealand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Haha good idea with the pram. I have a old one handy I can try out. Wakka let me know how much power you get from your 2 inch pipe . If like to see before I buy some or I need to go bigger to 3 inch
waka  
Posted : Sunday, 19 April 2015 10:34:24 AM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

Gday mate.
I will defenatly keep you posted.Keep at it mate.
kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 19 April 2015 11:00:24 AM(UTC)
kiwikeith

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Helped organise get together for Paydirt members and volunteered gold claim for the event (Oct 2013)

hi waka
took the dredge for a ride yesterday , I say ride because got the dredge of the trailer , dragged it down the creek , went back and got the hoses took them down to the dredge , tied it all up ,threw some rocks and was already to dredge when I realised I left the power jet at home.

so no gold yesterday
waka  
Posted : Monday, 20 April 2015 7:00:51 PM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

Gday kiwikeith.
Oh bugger that would have ripped the fork out of your nighty.So back up the hill with your gear and back home,or were you able to use it in some way?
waka  
Posted : Monday, 20 April 2015 7:09:10 PM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

Sorry I didn't read that to well.Next time mate.Do you have a claim to play on?I was ment to go for a look up at deep creek,canvase town over a month ago but the weather wasn't good .I will get my gravity dredge idea happening 1 day.Not sure where hector is,is it on wcoast?
kiwikeith  
Posted : Saturday, 25 April 2015 6:24:02 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

hi waka
no I have sold my claim now I just find a creek with no claim on it

I think its called poaching

working a little hot spot at the mo giving good results about 1 gram per hour or better

as I don't know to much about how to pm you sould give me a pm so as we could maybe catch up . back into the hills in the morning till thrusday so don't expect a reply straight away
The Hatter  
Posted : Saturday, 25 April 2015 7:32:07 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Buggar Keith Did I miss a bit.

Cheers Trev
waka  
Posted : Monday, 27 April 2015 6:21:43 PM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

G'day kiwikieth.I'm onto it.Hope you sucked some off that great colour up.Catch up sounds grand.
gavzilla  
Posted : Monday, 27 April 2015 9:45:17 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Kiwikeith its probably not worth having a claim financially is it? There's been a few guys "poaching" from the crown around here lately and they never get in trouble. My friend reported a dredger a few months back, first he told doc - they replied "it's not within our powers to do anything, please contact Nzpam" so secondly he contacted nzpam " it's not within our guidelines to police rivers, we don't have the manpower to follow up on any suspicious activity, please contact doc and the local police" !!!

A month had gone in the time replys were exchanged, and in the end all we can concluded by all this is that, nobody is to bothered about anybody dredging in rivers and we should all just go out and do what the he'll we like. Right?
kiwikeith  
Posted : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 6:35:57 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

yes it cost money to have a claim . 1 you have to pay royalties to crown minerals each year 2. if working on doc land then the same applies. if on private then you pay the owner . that's after you have got the claim.

moonlighting is the way to go . generator with flood lights on the bank and work at night . lets face it doc don't like getting out of bed at night they are a pack of lazy buggers. that's why they get volunteers to count kiwis and bats during the night.
just go and do it but make sure your not on someones claim that has paid heaps to own govt its called revenue collecting.
waka  
Posted : Saturday, 9 May 2015 9:46:43 AM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

G'day Tasmaingold.
How have you done with getting some parts together for your gravity dredge.Bit of luck I might get a crack at in a few weeks ish.Was told of a river that got hammered in my area a long time ago can't wait.Hope you have had a chance to get out.
tasmangold  
Posted : Saturday, 9 May 2015 12:56:24 PM(UTC)
tasmangold

New Zealand

giday m8 havent had a chance to get parts yet , im heading over the west coast next week for work so hope to get out in one of the creeks over there , moonlight looks like the best bet , if i can get the work van up to the site lol
kiwikeith  
Posted : Saturday, 9 May 2015 1:02:10 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

work vans go anywhere even if not 4wd they go places 4wds can go
just don't take a photo of it and show the boss
tasmangold  
Posted : Saturday, 9 May 2015 1:06:03 PM(UTC)
tasmangold

New Zealand

lol yah thats true . im sure it will make it , just the gps tracking thats in it i have to worry about hahaha nah bosses are all good if its in my own time .
waka  
Posted : Sunday, 10 May 2015 10:24:33 AM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

G"day tasmain.Drop a chainsaw in just in case.It sounds like it would be great are you detecting or bit of sluicing.Doesn't really matter so long as you see it go over the black mat and just sit there.Have fun.
2 Pages<12