New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

GusMan  
Posted : Tuesday, 11 August 2015 10:15:17 PM(UTC)
GusMan

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Gidday Guys .Im a full blown newbie to all this hoping to meet like minded people (and if any in the bay of plenty) that may be whiling to share a bit of info and or go for a look ,any info at all I will be very grateful in receiving , have just built a sluice box and got a ready and whiling pan to sift around with so im pretty excited haha . I have read a few posts etc regarding the wahi area, and at first glance doesn't look to flash for trying there and my apologies in advance for another post about this area but maybe I might be able to chip up some more fresh opinions and ideas/ spots that could be worth a look .even though I can gather from a few other posts that it is not encouraged to be fossicking in and around the karagahake gorge area due to it being doc land etc. but maybe a casual pan around wouldn't be to frowned upon.

This looks like a great site with lots of cool like minded people .Cheers guys
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:34:16 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Hi Gusman, I'm sure a casual pan around wont be frowned upon, good luck out there.

HH

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
c4bb0ose  
Posted : Wednesday, 12 August 2015 7:04:57 PM(UTC)
c4bb0ose

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Just be cautious about doing anything mining related around the gorge, a fairly large number of locals and greenies kicked up a storm when they started mining again.

As for gold deposits the best IO have seen on here have been from forum members located in thames.