New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages<1234>
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2012 9:19:14 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jafa Go to Quoted Post
Hello Guys...i dont enjoy "other treasure,s" and never ever....ever:)! go there so in some ways another sight would be good but only if other treasure,s leave,s the forum and never come,s back else whats the point..? mayswell just stay as it is ....as ya carnt have boath nz,s only so big and youl just get the same bunch posting here and in the other sight round and round....?
I say sever other treasure,s and throw it back in the tip from were it came from!!

Always stick up for the other guy even if it isnt our thing because at the end of the day they will stick up for you...thats the way it goes. I dont go out in parks and so on any more but I get a heck of a kick seeing what poohbear, creamer, crisyboy and tonznz and co have got. To me the site is far better if it is diverse - the more members the better the fun. Not only that but the interests of others encourage us to have a go at their thing and vice versa.

Some of my most enjoyable moments on here was when tonana shared his dump coin, when we saw the Crimea medal, crowns, Boer War medal and the silver coins - I love it. I am a gold guy only really and yet creamer, poohbear, tonznz etc have a one man cult following in yours truly here - Ilove seieng their treasures and when matt has shared some of his finds I have thought it pretty good. His finds and others had me looking in books and researching to find out information on the things they found - no I would miss the severance of the detector guys
jafa  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2012 9:29:22 PM(UTC)
jafa

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Fear enough lammy each to there own...all im saying is whats the point in another forum if other treasure,s stays here...?
At least if the metal forum started and drop,d here then you would have 2 different forum,s...failing that mayswell just leave it as it is.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2012 10:51:18 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Fear enough lammy each to there own...all im saying is whats the point in another forum if other treasure,s stays here...?
At least if the metal forum started and drop,d here then you would have 2 different forum,s...failing that mayswell just leave it as it is.

I think it should be left as it is for the reasons stated - it will only divide the coin/treasure detectors from the puritan gold fossickers - most of whom nowdays have detectors! Not only that though most if not all of the coin and treasure guys want gold as well but simply dontlive near it and if they drive a tank like I do cant afford to come to Gold country too often.

In truth they compliment each other and by having both here make the one forum stronger with a wider following.!
oroplata  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2012 11:14:40 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

I would not like to see this forum lose the detecting side. Having both gold prospecting and treasure hunting on one forum makes sense. I would do both if I was in a location that allowed it. Though right now with the temperature dropping, I might not be doing EITHER for a while. I think I'll spend the winter inside. Plenty of stuff to do around the house which would free up time later on when the weather's warmer for more detecting.

kiwisouth  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2012 11:48:40 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Guys, the most fabulous Drunkbrother has already said that he is not going to have a forum on his site. So we can go to his site for information about detecting but if we want to drop a message about what we are finding these day, be it gold in the gold fields or rings on the beach and those lovely old coins in Hagley Park, this is the place to do it. Read the previous posts.
I'll pass the website details onto my "Club" mates in the Te Tahi Detector Club. I'm sure a lot of them have a look to see what happens on this forum so you will be sure that they will be interested about a NZ based detecting website

Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 2 May 2012 10:02:41 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)

Hi there Jafa. You bring up some good points. I think gavin is on the right track when he said that the forum needs a little adjusting. Non GOLD related items and metal detecting needs to be seperated into there own categories. I do agree its a GOLD forum firstly. The detectorists need somewhere in the forum thats not so intrusive to the GOLDheads, excuse the pun. Im thinkin just a minor adjustment is all thats needed if any.

I see what Drunkbrother is doing and think its a great idea. I dont think it will affect this forum in any way. Its a site, not another forum im guessing. All good.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
DrunkBrother  
Posted : Friday, 4 May 2012 4:03:31 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Man

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Ok, finally got time to manage site (got sick :-( and staying at home)
So far activated wordpress and playing with a theme :

http://www.metaldetecting.co.nz/wordpress

*2014*Rings PlT/PD=0 GOLD=30 STG=53 Junk=46
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Friday, 4 May 2012 7:36:16 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Great looking potential.
A few tweaks you could make once you get to grips with it.
Own: Lobo SuperTraq, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Excalibur
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Friday, 4 May 2012 9:30:34 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Yep showing promise.
kiwisouth  
Posted : Friday, 4 May 2012 10:20:14 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Man
New Zealand

Yep, looks good. You might want to keep people on your site when they click on a link. At the moment if anyone clicks on a link, they leave your site. There is a tag "Blank" which is added to your source code which opens another page but keeps your one live. I think it works in this format: <a href=http://webspace.webring.com/people/pk/kiwisouth/ target=_blank</a>

Web pages are fun to set up, I haven't touched my one for ages. Totally amateur. I used to tinker with mine quite a bit but I can't remember my login. Bloooody useless.

Edited by user Friday, 4 May 2012 11:05:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Found the "Blank" info for webpage set up

mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Friday, 4 May 2012 11:28:58 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
You don't need to use coding, you can set it from within Wordpress menus. However the code would be target="_blank"
Own: Lobo SuperTraq, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Excalibur
kiwisouth  
Posted : Saturday, 5 May 2012 12:03:28 AM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Man
New Zealand

Definitely need to look at Word Press methinks
DrunkBrother  
Posted : Saturday, 5 May 2012 10:16:22 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Man

Still working on best possible theme for the site and how to position everything

please visit www.metaldetecting.co.nz check it out :-)

Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Saturday, 5 May 2012 10:50:11 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DrunkBrother Go to Quoted Post
Still working on best possible theme for the site and how to position everything

Maybe you should just turn it on Max and make improvements as you go.
DrunkBrother  
Posted : Saturday, 5 May 2012 10:57:45 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Man

Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post

Maybe you should just turn it on Max and make improvements as you go.

I did :-) its on :-)

DrunkBrother  
Posted : Sunday, 6 May 2012 9:53:11 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Man

First small Echivement :

Google search for Pages from new Zealand returns my website on first position.

Thanks everyone for comments , i am still building page :

* trying to put correct code to open links in new page
* Trying to Change /wordpress to /Home - but probably will need to reinstall into root directory..

At this stage i am thinking how to position the service - as i do want to earn a little bit of money from the website or at least cover hosting costs.

so any ideas? i do not want really to charge YOU guys to be a contact etc...like other website does.

So my question now to all those interested to be a contact for the region /city:

* Do you want your information be publicly available with city /name/phone number?
Or would you like to be on my list and if "seeker" needs a detectorist i give that person your number?

again, any ideas...
i want to work with you guys and help each other..

Also.. this is for people with their own claim on south island (Lammerlaw, Gavin, and others ) i have a really interesting business idea for you. theoretically it should work perfectly earning extra $$$ without any additional eford from your end,AND NO PRIVACY breeching on claim etc... Any one brave to have a chat with me - give me a call on the number listed on www.metaldetecting.co.nz

DrunkBrother  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 1:24:35 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Man

Hey guys,
I need a good Picture with good resolution of Gold nuggets in a pan to set for my link to this forum.
Do not want to steal anyones picture, but can someone give me OK to kae any of the posted here?
or just post to this page please? :-)

Cheers
keywikiwi  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 6:21:34 PM(UTC)
keywikiwi

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Do you want NZ metal detecting or Metal detecting NZ as the logo?
creamer  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 7:49:13 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Hey guys,
I need a good Picture with good resolution of Gold nuggets in a pan to set for my link to this forum.
Do not want to steal anyones picture, but can someone give me OK to kae any of the posted here?
or just post to this page please? :-)

Cheers

I got one for ye DB. Feel free to use...

...it's GOLD bro
UserPostedImage
P.s... just kiddin round, go hard.

Edited by user Tuesday, 8 May 2012 8:01:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
jafa  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 7:57:08 PM(UTC)
jafa

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I was guna use this for a Heineken advert...but you can use it if you want:)
File Attachment(s):
4 Pages<1234>