New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
zimbo  
Posted : Friday, 21 June 2013 7:12:45 PM(UTC)
zimbo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Hatter Go to Quoted Post
Nice wee set up there JW. I am interested in your 2inch suction nozzle set up to run your high banker.
What size motor and pump are you running. Is the pump a Keene type pressure pump or a trash type pump.
And what size is your pressure hose to the suction head. I see you have a blaster nozzle in use. Is that to supply water
for dry land dredging, cant quite make out whether it is hand held or attached to your suction head.

I am in the process of working out what I need to order from Keene to convert my Goldbanker (The Gold Cube) to suction fed.
I am going to have to lift quite a bit higher than you though. And I will be dry land dredging. So its either have another pump
to supply pond water, or use a system similar to yours. Maybe even get a Hydroforce nozzle made up here in NZ. They are after all only a modified suction nozzle. Any info would be appreciated. My days of dredging are now over, had a 5 inch Keene Triple, a Four inch, a couple
of 6 inch suitcase dredges and an 8 inch Keene Underwater.

Now I just want to go back to small stuff from a hobby point of view.

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"

hi would suggest a proline hp300 pump 300gpm i think.it was designed for high banking i use one my self, i have a 2.5 suction nozzle which i attach to my high banker it can lift to 5metres if need be, i have made up a back pack frame for carrying , the motorand pump alone weights about 25Kg. The pump got a 63mm inlet and 40mm out let

the photos are my new pump to replace the one that got nicked in February

http://www.prolinemining...banker_combo_3_inch.html

Edited by user Friday, 21 June 2013 7:27:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zimbo attached the following image(s):
GEDC01000.jpg
GEDC01044.jpg
User is suspended until 30/07/2021 11:45:15 PM(UTC) dredgen  
Posted : Monday, 11 July 2016 8:08:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
2 Pages<12