New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
nafcd  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 March 2015 12:49:57 PM(UTC)
nafcd

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
discovery pay their running costs. don't know if that's just fuel etc or whether they pay to lease the gear as well. it surprises me how often the equipment on all the claims breaks down. most of it is pretty modern stuff. its either crap quality or maybe discovery creating a bit of drama. probably more likely the second option I think.
oroplata  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 March 2015 1:24:14 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Or the 3rd option - failure to maintain the equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations. That stuff needs continuous maintenance to stay in tip-top condition. Luckily the people leasing equipment to these guys have insurance policies that cover user stupidity.

5AMP  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 March 2015 3:11:38 PM(UTC)
5AMP

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
It is well worth having a look at the Freddy Dodge Special(just google it) in Gold Rush-lots of nugget rich ground and high tech prospecting techniques
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 4 March 2015 9:01:58 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Really enjoying this season of GOLD Rush, sometimes i think theres a bit of stage play going on but a top show all the same.
Been interesting watching the Viking tear that dredge apart, he doesnt muck around.

HH

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Wednesday, 4 March 2015 8:00:49 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
mad mike  
Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2015 1:00:28 PM(UTC)
mad mike

New Zealand

instead of messing around with youtube why not download kodi and install the genisis or one channel add-on and watch it days after it screens in the US with no adverts http://kodi.tv/
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2015 7:14:00 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Im not a fan of downloading stuff iv tried a couple of suggestions before from the guys but must do it wrong and end up with a slow computer so I just do the no brainer way and youtube it:)
Cheers.
nafcd  
Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2015 8:58:41 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

I don't have problems with you tube. usually on there a couple of days after showing in US. don't get adds either.
simon  
Posted : Saturday, 7 March 2015 8:29:42 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
I'm finally able to log back in. thanks Gavin!

I find youtube ok for gold rush downloads but some are pretty low quality. and it seems they think its ok to insert nz ads randomly thru whatever show you're watching. I used to use pirate bay. was easy and there was some decent quality footage but big file sizes, which is prob good unless you're on dial up these days!

I'm finding gold rush this season a bit boring actually. everyone is running big operations where all they have to do is dig everything up. todd even ran half the season digging the wrong ground at $4 a yard! would rathe see some smaller scale mining, or some attempts at some big leads.

the mccormacks creek freddy dodge project is more like it. a shame we can't scrape out small creeks here with diggers. i can think of some locations around here that are rich enough to make some big finds if you could get in in this manner.

i can only imagine if someone wanted to resurrect a big old dredge in NZ what sort of complaints the general moaning public would come up with...noise,dust, etc. maybe the yukon is where i need to go.

not that i have much digger experience but i see there is a job in the yukon driving diggers going at present on trade me! about 85 hours a week i think it was.
philux  
Posted : Saturday, 7 March 2015 12:12:46 PM(UTC)
philux

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: simon Go to Quoted Post

I find youtube ok for gold rush downloads but some are pretty low quality. and it seems they think its ok to insert nz ads randomly thru whatever show you're watching. I used to use pirate bay. was easy and there was some decent quality footage but big file sizes, which is prob good unless you're on dial up these days!

I'm finding gold rush this season a bit boring actually. everyone is running big operations where all they have to do is dig everything up. todd even ran half the season digging the wrong ground at $4 a yard! would rathe see some smaller scale mining, or some attempts at some big leads.

the mccormacks creek freddy dodge project is more like it. a shame we can't scrape out small creeks here with diggers. i can think of some locations around here that are rich enough to make some big finds if you could get in in this manner.

i can only imagine if someone wanted to resurrect a big old dredge in NZ what sort of complaints the general moaning public would come up with...noise,dust, etc. maybe the yukon is where i need to go.

not that i have much digger experience but i see there is a job in the yukon driving diggers going at present on trade me! about 85 hours a week i think it was.

My Uncle found that back here 20 years ago mining on the west coast, the whole family then moved over to the yukon and started up over there. I managed to get over there and work for my cousin in 2013. It was an experience of a life time. Hard work, 12hr day 7 days a week, loved every moment of it. No digger experience before but soon clocked up 800hours in a 50 ton digger. I say if you get the opportunity go for it!
nafcd  
Posted : Sunday, 22 March 2015 10:28:44 AM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: simon Go to Quoted Post

I think doc and the greenies would be more of a problem starting up a commercial dredge than neighbours etc. they would have a field day.
agree with you on this series being a bit boring. too predictable. if they had to get something done by a certain day/time you knew there was going to be a breakdown. parker had to get 400oz in a week when his best cleanup and it was a one off was 200oz and he miraculously got it. yeah right. bring back freddy dodge and Dakota fred. they are far more interesting. still cant help watching it though. lol.

Edited by user Sunday, 22 March 2015 10:34:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

garrymac  
Posted : Sunday, 22 March 2015 9:20:08 PM(UTC)
garrymac

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
try google and check out Birchfeilds bucket dredge working on the west coast. It was still working two years ago
garrymac  
Posted : Sunday, 22 March 2015 9:20:58 PM(UTC)
garrymac

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
try google and check out Birchfeilds bucket dredge working on the west coast. It was still working two years ago
nafcd  
Posted : Monday, 23 March 2015 8:50:09 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

do you know where its working, googled but latest info I could find was from 2009.

Edited by user Monday, 23 March 2015 8:51:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NUGGY  
Posted : Monday, 23 March 2015 8:59:49 PM(UTC)
NUGGY

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
It is working - sometimes, in the Grey river near Blackball. Should be able to see it on google earth. Haven't checked for a video of it working but there probably is one somewhere.
nafcd  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2015 12:25:16 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

thanks. was a short video on you tube when it was working near ngahere in 2004. didn't show much though. be interesting to have a look through. its a big piece of kit.
tasmangold  
Posted : Saturday, 28 March 2015 7:21:53 AM(UTC)
tasmangold

New Zealand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
have all the new episodes right to the end episode 19 i think , was a bit boring at start of series but does get better when tony gets the old dredge up and running .dekota fred said he will never come back so dont hold your breath hopfully his and dustins new show will be aired on discovery
NUGGY  
Posted : Saturday, 28 March 2015 10:08:40 PM(UTC)
NUGGY

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Just got to watch the first 2 episodes of latest series of Bering Sea Gold on u tube, which as an old dredger is my personal favourite. Was watching Ice Cold Gold - went to watch the next episode and the channel got shut down right then boom, damn, found another one quickly though :-)

Edited by user Saturday, 28 March 2015 10:09:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tasmangold  
Posted : Sunday, 29 March 2015 7:30:39 AM(UTC)
tasmangold

New Zealand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
and thats why i dont use youtube lol .. just download the seris torrent and sit back and relax for the day watching gold rush/ bering sea gold marathons hahaha
2 Pages<12