New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 5:05:36 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
LMAo to funny mate..i love that idea..will have to try it the next time a bunch of them are bugging me...i mean if they are really interested then i dont mind showing them a few things..but when they get mouthy then it is time to tell them off.

As far as hagley park goes to me it is just another park whre they have a few big concerts and alot of ppl going through it...as long as i dont leave any big holes and make a huge mess then until the parks ppl come tell me to get out i figure i am in my right just like any other park..lol

Edited by user Thursday, 8 September 2011 5:07:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 5:32:52 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Sounds like the perfect place for a night mission.
chrischch  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 5:45:01 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rgmcbrid Go to Quoted Post

My thoughts exactly. A headlight and some warm clothes and its all go. :)
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 6:40:31 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rgmcbrid Go to Quoted Post

There are advantages in going out at night but there are also disadvantages - the disadvantages are mainly hard to see what you are up to, wandering around in inane circles going over the same patch twice and finally suspicious activities being reported by passer bys so that you are surrounded by the Gestapo Unit known as the 'Armed Offenders' and as was evidenced by the lightbulb fiasco placed under arrest and imprisoned.

Maybe its better just blatantly doing it in the open and be prearmed with a large selection of excuses - CIB officer following a lead of a reopened case and searching for evidence following a tip off is probably the best one!
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 7:14:41 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
I bought some LED's and am planning to build the ultimate night mission lighting system. I am going to make a light that extends out on a flexible stem that I mount below the detector head. I like to lay the detector down next to the hole and this way I can bend the light into the hole while I am digging and pinpointing around and can still reach the coil with handfuls of dirt to see if I got the target and still have slack in the headphones. I don't like using the headlamp because it is too bright and draws attention.

In the daytime I would have to use the excuse that I think you came up with Lammerlaw "My fiancé lost her very expensive engagement ring I bought her somewhere around here and I am going to find it if I have to dig 10,000 holes!"
overdog  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 7:43:03 PM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Or the one I use-buried the mother in law round here last week and forgot to take her gold teeth out (",)
tonznz  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 8:43:41 PM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Edited by user Sunday, 6 October 2013 1:07:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tonznz  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 8:47:25 PM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Edited by user Sunday, 6 October 2013 1:07:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lammerlaw  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 8:49:14 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tonznz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nzpoohbear40 Go to Quoted Post
good luck tonznz and if i ever get down your way i would love to get togethr for a hunt.
my detector goes everywhere with me these days...even if i go to doctors..hahah never know where im going to stop on way back home.

you bet. Does is your coil waterproof? I know just the spot that looks promising for old coins! But its a low tide and knee deep in water affair. I haven't been there yet. But its the kind of spot that looks promising.

My son bought a new coil for my minelab and then got a tube of silicone and splattered it all over the point where the connection goes into the coil and up the cord 6 inches - it has worked a treat for him.
madsonicboating  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 9:34:12 PM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
I too have heard about gold sovereigns bing found in hagley...and my next video for youtube is about my 2 hr hunt at hagley when my taxi was being wired for meter and lights lol...handily the taxi place is 100m from the park :)

Sunday mish here we come!!

Poohbear...PM me ya cell number mate nd we will touch base saturday night or sunday morning. I'm staying somewhere in Lincoln road I think.
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 10:44:18 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

oh sovereins in hagley..so now i have to search avon river and hagley for sure..lol....
digahole  
Posted : Thursday, 8 September 2011 11:32:14 PM(UTC)
digahole

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
You'll have no trouble in hagley park I have been in there many times with my 4500, only a stones throw from the city care workers in there at the time, as long as you fill your holes you'll have no problems, (don't ruin this for us) take a sharp knife, a plastic sheet, and you garden trowel, cut a small circle of turf and lever it out place it upside down on your laid out plastic sheet, along with any soil you remove from the hole, once the target is located, replace the soil first, then compact it, the heel of your boot works well, then place the tuft back on top just like a puzzle piece, redistribute the leaves, no one will know you've been there, (apart from the countless ones asking what are you doing?) ps don't cut tree roots or detect in the botanical gardens it's off limits according to those that make the rules
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Friday, 9 September 2011 12:15:25 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

thanks for the info on hagley digahole..and wellcome to the forums...maybe we will run into eachother around CHCH some day as i go out allmost every day..hahaha
2 Pages<12