New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

hoppy  
Posted : Monday, 7 May 2012 10:16:18 PM(UTC)
hoppy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
"The team at Minelab are excited to announce, after a lot of hard work, some blood, sweat and tears, we will soon be bringing you the ultimate TREASURE detector, the CTX 3030. This revolutionary detector incorporates new and advanced technologies like nothing you’ve seen before. With the CTX 3030, The Future of Discovery is coming to a hunting ground near you very soon! Then stay tuned to find out more details on May 11th, before the CTX 3030 goes on sale worldwide May 28th."

Appears no-one knows the cost yet, so it is wait and see.........

Might have talking directions ......"Sorry, historical site. Trouble,trouble, do not dig, Please move on. Satellite in operation. Your location is logged"..... Lol
DrunkBrother  
Posted : Monday, 7 May 2012 10:52:27 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Groups: Registered, Moderators
Man

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 161 post(s)
OBV it will be over 2K USD, making it up to 4-5 K here. no need. :_(
*2014*Rings PlT/PD=0 GOLD=30 STG=53 Junk=46
hoppy  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 11:09:18 AM(UTC)
hoppy

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
No doubt it will be expensive, but still interesting to see new technology. There are already 4-5k machines in use here. We are in an age of push button and wonderful new things (ipad etc) popping up all the time. One wonders where/when will it all end? Perhaps this new machine has GPS incorporated in the circuitry...who knows? I for one am interested in their new product to see what is so different from others with their "like nothing you've seen before" quote.
simon  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 11:41:55 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
ha. as a photographer i can draw many similarities between the industry and the detector industry.

everyone gets excited... new machine etc. followed by hype hype hype that costs loads of money and drives up the units price some more.

and then no one has one because its too expensive. BUT BUT BUT. like the cameras there's always someone who has to have it (bit like a mate and all his electronic/ apple gadgets).

i'm sure it will go just a little bit deeper etc....

and everyone keeps using their current machine.

i will keep an eye out but all i ever see is various minelabs (yep people do use the older ones which find just as much i'm told) and gold bugs.

i've yet to see even a gpx5000 in person down this way.

hoppy: i love your description of it hooking up to your gps / ipad. it prob will. so you can get hacked and your friends find out where you have been finding your stash probably.

i laughed because it reminded me of the walking stick pinpointer that displays via smart phone. great for stealth mode around parks etc as it is marketed as. BUT, what happens when you actually find a target and need to dig it in the park? no mention of a stealth digging tool.!!!
lifejockey  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 May 2012 12:49:10 PM(UTC)
lifejockey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: simon Go to Quoted Post

i laughed because it reminded me of the walking stick pinpointer that displays via smart phone. great for stealth mode around parks etc as it is marketed as. BUT, what happens when you actually find a target and need to dig it in the park? no mention of a stealth digging tool.!!!

Well here's mine.... Use it often :)
Finds all the recently dropped stuff and a simple pocket knife retrieves it fast and easy. A coin slipped under the rubber adds a little depth.

Stealth Stick

Close-up
Gold Bug Pro and Lots of Hope
Metal Mikey  
Posted : Thursday, 12 July 2012 4:46:16 PM(UTC)
Metal Mikey

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)

This CTX 3030 about $3900 NZ here. Aust is $2700 or so but when you calculate exchange rate and GST its not much difference. Would be real keen to hear from anyone who has one! Im interested to know how well it detects things because ultimately thats what brings home the treasure. My Fisher F4 has found some pretty deep targets.
Cheers Mike.
Metal Mikey attached the following image(s):
3030 pic.jpg
lifejockey  
Posted : Thursday, 12 July 2012 6:53:41 PM(UTC)
lifejockey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
One would have to find a lot more GOOD targets with it to justify the purchase. If the F4 is finding GOOD stuff then it might be best to stay with it.
Then again......
Gold Bug Pro and Lots of Hope
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Thursday, 12 July 2012 8:21:05 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Metal Mikey Go to Quoted Post

This CTX 3030 about $3900 NZ here. Aust is $2700 or so but when you calculate exchange rate and GST its not much difference. Would be real keen to hear from anyone who has one! Im interested to know how well it detects things because ultimately thats what brings home the treasure. My Fisher F4 has found some pretty deep targets.
Cheers Mike.

Does that Aussie price include their G.S.T.?
If yes then there still could be about $500 difference.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Thursday, 12 July 2012 8:31:21 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
I have a Minelab Xtreme and a Goldbug and value for money give me the little light Goldbug every time!
Metal Mikey  
Posted : Friday, 13 July 2012 12:58:49 PM(UTC)
Metal Mikey

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post

Cheers Mike.

Good point! Forgot Austrailia has GST. Been so long since I had a decent holiday. The price was $2700 in Melbourne.
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Friday, 13 July 2012 1:27:53 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post

Cheers Mike.

Good point! Forgot Austrailia has GST. Been so long since I had a decent holiday. The price was $2700 in Melbourne.

So what could we put the possible $500 dollar difference down to.
It could be that the NZ agent is having to buy through the Aussie agent and not
direct from Minelab. This happens to sooooooooo much product in NZ now with
manufacturers not recognizing NZ as a separate market. Just adds an Aussie margin
of 25% plus to our purchase price on all sorts of items.

Or it could be just more expensive in NZ.
kiwijw  
Posted : Monday, 16 July 2012 8:12:55 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Originally Posted by: simon Go to Quoted Post
i've yet to see even a gpx5000 in person down this way.quote]

Hi Simon, In all my time gold detecting down this way I have only ever come across 2 other people detecting, one person at two different locations. One was using a minelab GPX 4000 & the other a 4500. I find that quite incredable really with the number of people that are in to gold detecting. Just goes to show the enourmous amount of area one can choose from.....although I do go to some pretty out of the way places....but then I feel you have to really to stand a chance of finding something. 19 little pieces, once I got in there, over a few hours actually detecting on saturday & sunday afternoons over the last weekend.

Happy hunting

JW :)