New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

kaden07  
Posted : Friday, 17 September 2010 4:53:21 PM(UTC)
kaden07

Groups: Registered

Hi anyone looking for help on where to get custom made dredges and sluice boxes check out shambles05 on trademe.

Edited by user Sunday, 19 September 2010 4:48:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

farmnz  
Posted : Monday, 20 September 2010 6:15:45 AM(UTC)
farmnz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i have one and cant wait for water levels to drop to go out again, im a novice but great dredge!UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
gavin  
Posted : Monday, 20 September 2010 7:35:32 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Awesome little dredge farmnz - now that's a size I could happily cope with as easy to load in the back of the truck!

Did you put it together yourself or is it one of shambles05's?
farmnz  
Posted : Monday, 20 September 2010 4:15:56 PM(UTC)
farmnz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi, yes it was built by shamles05, it is very light, the pump is the heavy part at only 9kgs!, i carry the pump in one hand and wear the dredge like a pack pack, the 4 stroke motor runs for ages on a tank so i dont need extra fuel for an afternoon out. it breaks down completely to fit in the car boot, or if im going out alone i just put the back seat down and put it in whole.this one has a duel layer sluice, the front has a plate with small holes for the fine gold to drop thu and onto a fine mat with a portion of the water. the top layer has the main riffle tray with blue miners moss under it and most of the water flow. i can block off the bottom tray if i want and can either change the suction hose from 2" to 1.5" or just back the revs off and lift the sluice angle (its adjustable) this keeps it efficent in different depth water, i can get the wetty on in deep pools or use it to clean cracks out in gumboot deep water. i havn't had any experiance with the big dredges but im pleased with this small one.