New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Good to go  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 2:36:45 PM(UTC)
Good to go

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Organised get together for Paydirt members (Oct 2013)

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
been out 4 times now and can say im the best trash finder ever, i havent even found a coin yet, am i looking in the wrong place or not scanning or reading it properly? ive looked on utube on how to use a F2 8inch but still no luck. Today my machine was going berserk beeping heaps constintly even when i pointed it to the sky only way to stop it was to lower the sensitivity. Ill be in chch next weekend if someone about to give me some pointers, or if youaround ashburton ill come to you if you can show me what im doing wrong.
Cheers
chrischch  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 3:03:49 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Turn sensitivity down to one or two bars....you dont need it that high. I have my f2 set to discriminate out the foil and iron also....probably missed a gold ring somewhere but thats the tradeoff to not digging every last piece of chocolate wrapper that someone ripped up and discarded. You wont find much at the main playground in the centre of Ashburton, it gets hit hard. Try the bark playgrounds that are more of the beaten path or the racecourse. Let us know how you get on!
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 3:47:28 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Yeah, turn the sesitivity down and the discrimination up while you are getting the hang of it. You only wnat it to beep when there is something there. I went to Argyle Park a couple of months ago and found over $20, and I didn't really get over much of it. The Domain gets a lot of traffic, but it is a big place had has older stuff to find.
chrischch  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 4:11:19 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Another thing.....dont turn it on in the house or under/near large power sources as it will do what you described, beep all over the place.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
lifejockey  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 4:42:08 PM(UTC)
lifejockey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
And along with all that good advice, make sure your not wearing steel toe caps or shoes with big metal tags on laces etc. Also make sure the cable is tight to the shaft and the connections are in nice and tight.
The F2 is a sensitive machine so turn down the sensitivity to only one bar when you start swinging and then go up a bar til it gets too noisy.
Gold Bug Pro and Lots of Hope
Metal Mikey  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 6:51:26 PM(UTC)
Metal Mikey

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi. If you come up to christchurch sometime, myself and expat have F4's which would enable you to see how they work and then you could run your detector over the same targets.Also poohbear may have something and Hunter has a F75. Im sure any of those people and others would be only too glad to help. Hope you guys dont mind the recomendation.

Cheers Mike.
Good to go  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 6:55:49 PM(UTC)
Good to go

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Organised get together for Paydirt members (Oct 2013)

Woman

Originally Posted by: chrischch Go to Quoted Post
Turn sensitivity down to one or two bars....you dont need it that high. I have my f2 set to discriminate out the foil and iron also....probably missed a gold ring somewhere but thats the tradeoff to not digging every last piece of chocolate wrapper that someone ripped up and discarded. You wont find much at the main playground in the centre of Ashburton, it gets hit hard. Try the bark playgrounds that are more of the beaten path or the racecourse. Let us know how you get on!

Oh ty i will ill give anything a go, ill get back to ya how it goes..
Good to go  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 7:02:15 PM(UTC)
Good to go

Woman

Originally Posted by: rgmcbrid Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, turn the sesitivity down and the discrimination up while you are getting the hang of it. You only wnat it to beep when there is something there. I went to Argyle Park a couple of months ago and found over $20, and I didn't really get over much of it. The Domain gets a lot of traffic, but it is a big place had has older stuff to find.

Honestly!! i was where they play-ball maybe the other side? would you mindme tagging alongside you when you go so i cn learn, illgo down goin tomoro ust wanna get something
Good to go  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 7:05:19 PM(UTC)
Good to go

Woman

Originally Posted by: Metal Mikey Go to Quoted Post
Hi. If you come up to christchurch sometime, myself and expat have F4's which would enable you to see how they work and then you could run your detector over the same targets.Also poohbear may have something and Hunter has a F75. Im sure any of those people and others would be only too glad to help. Hope you guys dont mind the recomendation.

Cheers Mike.

Oh i coming to CHCH this sunday!!! if you free heres my cell 0211522543 i be keen
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 2 July 2012 9:39:35 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
i will txt you on sunday good to go...as i said in the txts i will give some pointers on the f2.....i keep my sensativity cranked right up and dont have that problem so i am guessing you were in the trashy part of the domain..both myself and robert found a part there that made outr machines do the same thing and it was just a bunch of interferance..but the rest of the domain seem to be fine....you will get alot of interferance over by the flying fox also...and parts near the play area...

txt me when you hit CHCH i am up with the birds and will take you to a park or two without interferance..
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
Hunter  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 July 2012 3:54:31 PM(UTC)
Hunter

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Good to go Go to Quoted Post
been out 4 times now and can say im the best trash finder ever, i havent even found a coin yet, am i looking in the wrong place or not scanning or reading it properly? ive looked on utube on how to use a F2 8inch but still no luck. Today my machine was going berserk beeping heaps constintly even when i pointed it to the sky only way to stop it was to lower the sensitivity. Ill be in chch next weekend if someone about to give me some pointers, or if youaround ashburton ill come to you if you can show me what im doing wrong.
Cheers

Ill be out and about if its not wet, give me a PM
*2014*
Rings PLT/PLA=0 GOLD=5 STG=18 Junk=4
Other Gold items- 4
Good to go  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 July 2012 5:49:12 PM(UTC)
Good to go

Woman

OK SUCCESS Finally a coin well coins infact, nothing stricking but i still rapt as to finally get some we got 5 1 cents and 2 2cents stillgot lots of trash but am getting there. Went to Argyle park again.
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 July 2012 11:56:03 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
wtg on your first coins.....i have never been to argyle park...maybe when we meet up at the domain you can show me where it is and i might be able to give some hints on where to look there...
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
madsonicboating  
Posted : Wednesday, 4 July 2012 11:25:12 PM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
If ya head down temuka way flick me a msg and we can hit some spots up :)