New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

creamer  
Posted : Monday, 16 July 2012 11:19:22 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Ace and a sea hunter meet on beach.

Buzzing along the beach yesterday with the young one and there at the other end was two guys with a detector coming towards us. Wow, my first real bumphead with another detectorist, was kind of a special moment after a year of beach free buzzing. Anyhows they were test driving a Garrett sea hunter mark ii, one that could go underwater to a good depth and it had no discrimination, just a whir sound when it struck metal. So he was not really digging any targets as the machine was goin crazy. I had a go and what a mean machine. No good at all on the beach without discrimination but man could it find a target with some power. He had a go with the 350 and realised that this is the type of machine for this terain.
His idea i think is to locate underwater treasure that he was telling me about. That made some sence so i put my best foot forward to go as well. Him and his son seemeed like nice people. Hope he calls me back.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
gjj109  
Posted : Monday, 16 July 2012 12:46:01 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
You think he would have done a bit of research.
There are a heck of a lot more pieces of iron and aluminum out there than there are bits of silver and gold.