New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Chrispy  
Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2012 6:52:21 PM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
hey yall nuva convert signin up. been dreamin bout metal detectin for a while now and finally got a detector beginin of july. got a laffayete gold which am told is identical as the gold bug 2. didnt really do enuff resurch to be honest but time will tell i guess. found some cool coins already incl 3 nice old silvers. a 1934 half crown, a 1891 threepence and a 1903 sixpence and a few pennys and halfs and so on. found a stak of older nz coins and about 35 buks in spendin coins. IM ADDICTED. im in chch if any one wants to catch up and teach me the ropes on the finer details of detectin. will post my first months finds once i sort some photos.

cheers
Chris
expat  
Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:17:17 PM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hi Chrispy and welcome to the madhouse. There are several of us around and in the city, many of us hunt at weekends or after work. We also have a club meet on the last sunday of the month. Feel free to join us.

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.
Chrispy  
Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:35:17 PM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
yea i contacted nzpoobear this arvo bout buyin a diggin tool off him and am gonna hook up with him tomro night. he mentioned your group and am real keen to come along. need all the help i can to cure this addiction and get betta, (at findin more silvers lol)
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:51:17 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
Wellcome to the forum Chris..it was great having a chat with you........if you want to find SILVER rings ask me how to...If you want GOLD rings and other good stuff ask everyone else.....lmao...i dont know what a gold ring looks like other than what Others have pulled out of the ground infront of me....LOL.....

All joking aside this is a great forum and our detecting club here in CHCH is becoming a popular thing as are the after meet hunts..
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/