New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

lifejockey  
Posted : Sunday, 12 August 2012 7:12:42 PM(UTC)
lifejockey

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I have had the gold bug pro with the 5" and 11"coil for a couple of months now. Just a real sweet machine. I use it for general detecting rather than specifically for gold.... Although I have found a 4.8 gram nugget with it.

I have had the 11" inch coil on only twice as I have become very fond of the 5". The only drawback is the small amount of ground one can cover with it each hour. Not only the width of the coil but it finds literally everything from pinheads up. So one tends to dig a lot 'cause the signals are so clear and strong on small stuff. So I am thinking of ordering from Robert the 10x5 coil as the 11" wont pick up small jewellery (like a gold stud earring) at any depth.

This is a rather long winded way of asking if anyone on this forum has used one and what do they think of it?

Thanks in advance

L
Gold Bug Pro and Lots of Hope
mintcar  
Posted : Sunday, 12 August 2012 10:03:17 PM(UTC)
mintcar

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Lifejockey, I use the 10x5 on my pro all the time, you are best to get the skid plate for it as well, best coil I have found for this machine. the 5" is best in small rocky placers. bill
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 13 August 2012 12:08:03 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
Hi life jockey..i have also used the 10 on my gold bug...as a matter of fact i got the first 10 that came into this country through robert..lol
i was his guinny pig on the preformance of it...
i found it to be a great coil...and i found the it could distinguish between two close singnals better than the 11 inch...in other words if you had a
pull tab in one spot and a coin only an inch away type thing..you could pick the two out and only dig the coin...

I personally found you couldnt do this so well with the 11inch.....i tested that theroy at the groynes here in CHCH..i had been over and over this one picnic BBq area with the 11 a few times...and when i got the 10 inch i went back there and found two diff Silver rings in the same hunt at either end of the benches..and this area is littered with pull tabs and bottle caps. i beleave Oroplata was with me when i did this...

P.S if you are wanting one let me know as i have them in stock....robert is over in the states for a month...

Edited by user Monday, 13 August 2012 12:09:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
lifejockey  
Posted : Monday, 13 August 2012 10:59:59 AM(UTC)
lifejockey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Thanks everyone,

seems like it's a good idea :)

L
Gold Bug Pro and Lots of Hope