New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

fudnz  
Posted : Saturday, 11 December 2010 2:29:18 AM(UTC)
fudnz

Groups: Registered

Hi guys anyone wanting info on PROLINE dredges please make a contact and I am happy to discuss any thing on them.

These dredges are imported from the states and have a father and son history dating back over 30 years now. Proline -- is a well-established company in the USA producing and making their own model/style Gold Dredge Jeff Kuykendall the hands-on CEO manager of Proline has been building, designing, these dredges with the dredger in mind. They are a well proven and liked dredge in the USA and are becoming quite popular here in New Zealand.
I visited the USA last year 2009 and while I was there I visited with both Keene and Proline. I opted to take the Proline agency over Keene because of build, quality, and design. Proline work on the assumption that we do here in New Zealand “if it ain't broke don't try to fix it unless you can make it better”Proline over the years have done this and it shows in the product that they produce today.
(1) Proline make and mould out of first grade polyurethane and polyethylene their own pontoons and flares. Not recycled polymers like some other popular USA dredges use. The pontoons have fixed mounting points moulded into them that the frame bolts go into.
(2) Proline's frame system is better and heavier and is bolted together with Nylock nuts and bolts so they won't come undone while working.
(3) The Proline's aluminium is of first-grade aircraft class and is seamless welded not screwed and pop riveted like some other popular dredges from the USA
(4) The sluice box design is proven, has a ‘wave form’ classifier that works really good and can be seen working while running.
(5) The flare and power jet design is vastly different to that of other dredges. Its design is that no steel is exposed to wear from rocks and gravel travelling through it. This in its own as a real innovation as it prevents the chock up's caused by steel power jets. Oversize jets as advertised by other dredge manufacturers only stop some of the blockages.
(6) The hoses, have a thicker membrane than the hoses used on the other USA/New Zealand dredges.

All in all, Proline produce a dredge that is built to last and not one that needs maintenance daily/weekly or every time that goes into the water.

I recently brought in a 5" for me to use hoping to update my Keene 6" - I got one day out of it and was blown away by the vacuum at the nozzle- far better than the Keene 6 and at a third of the revs. The next day i demonstrated it to a couple of guys and now I dont have a 5" anymore - ah well import another :-).

But seriously these dredges are built to last - and prices are comparable with the Keene range but compare them together - one stands out and it aint the Keene..

I do have one 4" on the floor here ready to go... give me a ring 03-4449292

All the best for the festive season and enjoy the break..

Cheers fudnz - (Allan)

File Attachment(s):
fudnz attached the following image(s):
DSC02374.jpg
kiwijw  
Posted : Saturday, 11 December 2010 2:54:10 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
G'day Allan, Welcome to the site, (about bloody time). It has been bloody quiet on here for a wee while now. Not sure why that is. Please feel free to have any input with your knowledge & experience & adventures of the dredging world. The guys on here will appreciate it. I know your a busy chap. Ha ha....retired aye & now you are busier than you have ever been.
A very merry xmas & new year to you & Denise.

All the best

John :)
starflash  
Posted : Sunday, 24 April 2011 10:11:00 AM(UTC)
starflash

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
hi allan
pm sent
fudnz  
Posted : Sunday, 24 April 2011 12:37:46 PM(UTC)
fudnz

hi Dave - got it and replied

fudnz attached the following image(s):
Allans head shot  for forum.jpg