New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

gingerbreadman  
Posted : Sunday, 12 December 2010 12:19:54 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi guys the rivers are getting low so good time to get out here,s a few central fines with a few small nuggets biggest 3.5 grams theres a home made finishing sluice there not a good pic of it..just made from a 450 gallon hour builge pump $40 and rubber matt $12 and some wood i had laying around which iv found to work much better than anything iv brought online (bucket sluice,blue bowl) as iv found them to be painfully slow.

Edited by user Sunday, 18 September 2011 12:05:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kiwijw  
Posted : Sunday, 12 December 2010 2:28:43 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi there Gingerbreadman, Very nice gold. How long did that take to accumulate? I take it your ribbed rubber matting sluice is just for proccessing your concentrates & not as a production sluice. I think blue bowls are great & do a very good job of fine gold seperation from black sand cons. Any means of proccessing black sand cons is a slow proccess outside of using chemicals. I hate panning bulk black sand cons. That does my head in.

Happy hunting

JW :)
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Sunday, 12 December 2010 4:13:24 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi there JW
yea the sluice its just for finishing my cons i usually do a few days dredging ata time in between work and when iv got a days worth of consintrates there i devote a day to processing them the advantage the sluice has over the blue bowls is that you can run a powerfull magnet from top to bottum not so the sand sticks to the magnet but just to move it inbetween the ribs and the water just washes it off leaving the gold behind and having a reasonably clean system to keep running your cons through.
whats in the pic,s took 3 weeks.
kiwijw  
Posted : Monday, 13 December 2010 12:37:35 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi GBM, Thats a great result....well done. :)

JW :)
Rex  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 December 2010 5:11:52 AM(UTC)
Rex

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well done Gingerbreadman. Very impressive 8 ozs is a megga haul. Did you get all the concentrates with a dredge ?
roman holiday  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 December 2010 11:20:45 AM(UTC)
roman holiday

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
gingerbreadman wrote:
Hi guys the rivers are getting low so good time to get out here,s a few central fines with a few small nuggets biggest 3.5 grams theres a home made finishing sluice there not a good pic of it..just made from a 450 gallon hour builge pump $40 and rubber matt $12 and some wood i had laying around which iv found to work much better than anything iv brought online (bucket sluice,blue bowl) as iv found them to be painfully slow.

Awesome!!!