New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

coinnut  
Posted : Monday, 24 September 2012 8:12:47 AM(UTC)
coinnut

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Hi fellow sweepers, I'm on afternoon shift at work this week if anyone's keen for a meet up at Hagley, I usually finish around 8.30/9.00pm.
Fisher F70 + X-Pointer
oroplata  
Posted : Monday, 24 September 2012 6:54:49 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Woot. Might be up for that. I'll let some of my silver-luck rub of on you for a gold-luck exchange. It's only fair.

coinnut  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 11:02:52 AM(UTC)
coinnut

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

New Zealand

Cheers for meeting up with me last night Oroplata, It is certainly better being there with someone else at night in that big scary park ooooooooooo (making a ghost sound!) And I scored my first silver a 1853 YH sixpence, Although it was very worn I was stoked at being off the mark (Im punching the air with my fist right now!!)
Fisher F70 + X-Pointer
number8wire  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 11:42:37 AM(UTC)
number8wire

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 880 time(s) in 425 post(s)
Congrats mate. That's an awesome start. That's older than any silver I've found so far...........well done. Look forward to catching up with you at the Sunday meet.
TEKNETICS T2 SE plus X-POINTER
Silver coins- 233
Other silver- 13
Gold- 1
Sovereigns-0
Spendies -$119.00
oroplata  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 12:35:44 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Nice date - there you see, I told you we should share our gold/silver lucky charms.

You found your first silver and I found a (modern) gold watch casing. It was actually just sitting there pushed into the soil. I caught the headlamp reflection of it - didn't even swing the detector. Only plated, unfortunately so I'll chuck it in my jar of HCl that has little flicks of gold in the bottom from all the other gold plated things I've chucked in there and one day I'll melt them all down and get it assayed.

Foiled again  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 12:43:21 PM(UTC)
Foiled again

Man

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 192 post(s)
Im guna test my back out tonight for a hunt probably at hagley from about 6.15ish. Any of you fullas guna head there tonight? should be nice enough weather wise!
There's another to find and I'm gunna find it!
number8wire  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 3:47:12 PM(UTC)
number8wire

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 880 time(s) in 425 post(s)
Originally Posted by: coinnut Go to Quoted Post
Hi fellow sweepers, I'm on afternoon shift at work this week if anyone's keen for a meet up at Hagley, I usually finish around 8.30/9.00pm.

What are your shift's next week coinnut?..........School holidays are on, the wife and kids are away for the week and I'm planning copious quantities of evening hunts!!! (if all goes to plan). Anyone else keen for hunting next week in the "after-6.00pm-to-whenever" time zone???

You're correct there foiled again......the weather is perfect for a hunt tonight. I'd be there except it's the 19th wedding anniversary for me and the missus today and I don't think it would be such a good look to rush out after the special roast! Hopefully, I might catch you sometime next week instead mate.

Edited by user Tuesday, 25 September 2012 3:53:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TEKNETICS T2 SE plus X-POINTER
Silver coins- 233
Other silver- 13
Gold- 1
Sovereigns-0
Spendies -$119.00
Foiled again  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 4:47:53 PM(UTC)
Foiled again

Man

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 192 post(s)
Originally Posted by: number8wire Go to Quoted Post

What are your shift's next week coinnut?..........School holidays are on, the wife and kids are away for the week and I'm planning copious quantities of evening hunts!!! (if all goes to plan). Anyone else keen for hunting next week in the "after-6.00pm-to-whenever" time zone???

You're correct there foiled again......the weather is perfect for a hunt tonight. I'd be there except it's the 19th wedding anniversary for me and the missus today and I don't think it would be such a good look to rush out after the special roast! Hopefully, I might catch you sometime next week instead mate.

No worries no8. Slight change of plan for me tonight, maybe Hagley tomorrow night...and definitely by next week I shud be back to 100% and will be super keen on those night hunts for sure so Im in on the 6pm til whenever hunts!!

And congrats on the anniversary! Nice going!

Edited by user Tuesday, 25 September 2012 4:48:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

There's another to find and I'm gunna find it!
coinnut  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 September 2012 10:28:18 AM(UTC)
coinnut

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: number8wire Go to Quoted Post

Hi Num8, Next week I'm on the dreaded night shift 11 to whenever so could meet up around the 8-9pm mark ( Getting the look from the boss!!!) I'll catch you up on Sunday anyway, I'm bringing the family so they know who I'm meeting up with in the middle of the night!!!

Big thanks to Foiled, Great to meet ya had a great time at that little park & scored my first NZ silver! a 42 3d and a ring that I'm not sure is silver, can't make out the stamp.

Great catching up with you to Poohbear ( I still didn't manage to get in front of you, you're to quick for me!!)
Fisher F70 + X-Pointer