New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 5:56:50 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Hi guys and girls,

I find it a lot more fun having a bit of company on mini adventures looking for a bit of colour. Also a bit safer when you're bush bashing off the beaten track in case anything goes wrong! Most of the time I've got a good mate who comes with me, but there's the odd time he can't come for whatever reason. So I'd like to start a thread where myself and others in Chch can get in touch with other like minded souls for the odd mission. Non-Chcher's feel free to start similar threads if you'd like.

I myself figured it would be best to keep it down to 1 other person (I guess 3 people total isn't too bad at a push). A bit more discreet, easier to organise, and less metal detectors to interfere with each other if it's a coil swinging mission - those gorges, etc. can be a little space poor!

Tends to always be a bit of a last minute decision to head off on a mission as often don't know what the weather will be like till the day before. So figured it would be nice to have a pool of people that can be given a shout to see if anyone's keen. Also always nice to meet other members.

Might also be fun to organise the odd bigger group mission. I wouldn't mind checking out the Wilberforce area out of curiosity, even if not looking for colour as read a fair bit about the gold mining up there back in the day so a little curious.

Cheers,
Gavin
cavey  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 6:12:54 PM(UTC)
cavey

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Im not sure if i would count being in ashburton but its not to far away from chch i would be keen on the odd trip and as gavin said its always good to have company . Gavin i would be keen to have a look up the wilberforce gold and good hunting up there and i could do with the exercise haha .

regards Stuart
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 6:33:28 PM(UTC)
gavin

Cheers Stuart - will keep you in mind if wanting to head on a mission down south and so passing through ;)

Wilberforce - will keep you in mind :) Probably wait till it's not rained for a while so the rivers are lower. Also got to work out if we need to ask for access from a farmer, etc.

I'm also thinking this is a free for all thread for anyone seeking buddies. Not all about me - just getting a pool of people anyone can call on to see if they're keen for a particular trip.

Edited by user Sunday, 4 November 2012 6:35:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

digahole!!  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 6:52:28 PM(UTC)
digahole!!

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi Gavin,

I have from the 15th of Nov till the 28th of Jan off, some family commitments in there, but I will be fitting as many trips in there as possible. Give me a shout for sure.
DGR  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 8:25:17 PM(UTC)
DGR

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey

I would be a starter, I have a couple of dredging claims if that helps. As for the Wilberforce think you detector guys should head a little further west to the headwaters of the Mungo River you may need a sleeping bag or a helicopter though..

Dgr
chchfossiker  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 8:30:33 PM(UTC)
chchfossiker

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
im usually always down for a mission. usualy travel to coast or central bymyself. ive been into gold for probly just over a year now.last 3-4 months on the detector so still a bit of a noob in that area but picking it up . my trips are usually prety spur of the moment when i get time. give me a message if your ever in need of a partner , may just work out that ive got the time to head out aswell

cheers
carl
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 10:55:22 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
Im keen if the trips are from sat 230pm through to sun night..or a day trip all day sun from about 5 or 6 am..as i have to work almost every sat...
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
number8wire  
Posted : Sunday, 4 November 2012 11:08:34 PM(UTC)
number8wire

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 880 time(s) in 425 post(s)
Yeah......why not........might as well add me to your pool too please Gavin. I've never done any fossicking before but am keen to give it a go. The first detector I bought was a Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger which I have been told, is an excellent gold hunting machine (high kHz), so keen to give it a whirl sometime.
TEKNETICS T2 SE plus X-POINTER
Silver coins- 233
Other silver- 13
Gold- 1
Sovereigns-0
Spendies -$119.00
Chrispy  
Posted : Monday, 5 November 2012 8:44:24 PM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
deffinatly throw me on the list mate. seein those nuggets at the club meet sure got the juices goin.
with a bit of notice i can usually get away most days. cheers
Nugget-Hunter  
Posted : Tuesday, 6 November 2012 8:08:44 PM(UTC)
Nugget-Hunter

Man

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Me too, i am always keen on a gold mission. i have to work every third Saturday. The Wilberforce is on my agenda for this summer too, would be good to shear some knowledge.
Cheers Peter
gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 6 November 2012 9:06:18 PM(UTC)
gavin

Wow, that's a bloody good response! I'll starting getting in contact via email / PM's at some point soon to swap details :)

Really keen to try and get away a lot this summer. Got a lot of vague areas I want to check out. Hopefully some of them will be good!
Free Fossicker Forster  
Posted : Wednesday, 7 November 2012 3:34:53 PM(UTC)
Free Fossicker Forster

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I would be keen to team up for an occasional explore usually on a weekend (but anytime is possible) over the west coast. I've just been over Goldsborough and spent a day scratching my may up some small overgrown scratchy out of the way creeks in the area on my own. For this it'd be wiser to have some company. I have no MD (as yet). Still working on sluice box efficiency and prospecting by pan. I live at Oxford but its just down the road.
cavey  
Posted : Thursday, 8 November 2012 10:04:47 AM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gavin Go to Quoted Post
Cheers Stuart - will keep you in mind if wanting to head on a mission down south and so passing through ;)

Wilberforce - will keep you in mind :) Probably wait till it's not rained for a while so the rivers are lower. Also got to work out if we need to ask for access from a farmer, etc.

I'm also thinking this is a free for all thread for anyone seeking buddies. Not all about me - just getting a pool of people anyone can call on to see if they're keen for a particular trip.

Yeah mate im always keen for a mission if anybodys keen give me a shout and i will do my best summer is here and theres gold to be found.
ChCHTom  
Posted : Saturday, 10 November 2012 3:27:44 PM(UTC)
ChCHTom

New Zealand

Very keen to get on the contact list for this - need to get the new gold bug over the the coast (Thanks Robert). I'm in the same boat as Chris tho as I work most Saturdays
chris  
Posted : Sunday, 11 November 2012 4:46:31 PM(UTC)
chris

New Zealand

i am new to the site and only 26 a full time tradie but i am keen to go on missions in the w.e to coast or central i nave 2 inch dredge/highbanker and will get in the rivers with wet suit and snorkel or work the banks ect.I just dont no the place to go on the coast other than down central ways ect.
JohnA  
Posted : Wednesday, 14 November 2012 6:13:21 PM(UTC)
JohnA

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi

I just joined the forum today and have been inactive for a few years but excited to see this forum exists now - keen to have another go at prospecting - count me in where I can manage the time to come.

thanks
John
digahole!!  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 January 2013 2:22:40 PM(UTC)
digahole!!

Anyone keen for a trip to the west coast on the 29th and 30th, leaving late Monday night, there must be someone. The weather is looking stunning.
Ash_T  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 January 2013 4:25:40 PM(UTC)
Ash_T

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I may have 2 weeks from this Friday to fill in, till fletchers releases more jobs to our builder :)
My detectors, tent, hiking pack, and even the fishing rods are already in the car!

Pretty sure i know of 1 other thats planning on heading over next week too :)

Once the washings finished, im gonna go find me a snorkle/ mask,
and may even look at a wetsuit, just for shits and giggles ;)

Edited by user Wednesday, 23 January 2013 4:33:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Check out my BLOG : Its where i post my finds :D
Foiled again  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 January 2013 4:55:25 PM(UTC)
Foiled again

Man

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 192 post(s)
^^
Indeed I think I'm guna blast it over there perhaps leaving Sunday and stay a coupla nights but I'm flexible. Would like to get tips etc from others too.
There's another to find and I'm gunna find it!
digahole!!  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 January 2013 9:43:16 PM(UTC)
digahole!!

Hi guys,

I was thinking of heading up the moonlight, I've done a bit of research of a specific area I want to run the detector over. Anyone keen on meeting up just pm me.
2 Pages12>