New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

fiddy40  
Posted : Tuesday, 27 November 2012 4:41:36 PM(UTC)
fiddy40

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

It has just struck me doh! why is it that the ChCh area has a well established group always posting topics and showing finds and sharing information etc etc etc.....Okay I know there is a lot of input from others like the Auckland mob, those guys setting up a magazine, hello brothers.
But it seems to me there is a hell of a lot of views on some of the posts here that seems to out weight the input, look at the members list. Now to the point I would like to make is this...... COME on HAMILTON we can do better than this, I do not believe for one moment it appears to be that I am the only MDer here, in Hams, no way in this world......... I would just love it if we could just get a few of us together and start sharing and making the most out of our hobby and meet our MDing mates from up and down country......come on please!!!!! Can you just think for one moment how a group could introduce theirselves to: A. Landowners. B. Local Council. and go hand in hand with our archaeologist friends..... Fantastic.

nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 27 November 2012 7:32:34 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
love your post fiddy and i agree..surly you arnt the only one in hamilton....but if ever you get down this way just hook up with one of us CHCH guys and we will wellcome you along for a hunt.
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
fiddy40  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 November 2012 9:37:00 AM(UTC)
fiddy40

New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nzpoohbear40 Go to Quoted Post
love your post fiddy and i agree..surly you arnt the only one in hamilton....but if ever you get down this way just hook up with one of us CHCH guys and we will wellcome you along for a hunt.

Hi there Poohbear Thanks for that,just to push home my point, look how many views my post has received and look how many replys it received!
I just wonder what the reason for "No contact" is, is it because there really is no interest, come on I don't think so, or is it that people have a "can't be botherd atittude" maybe? or is it that those that are interested "don't want to share or give away their spots etc" I hope not, or is it that they are "shy" or not good at "socialization" I highly doubt that.....whatever the reason.... oh! another reason could be because others may feel they "do not know enough about MDing" I don't know what the reason is but.......... anyway thats my rant, all the best Poohbear, hope to meet you guys down there sometime thanks for the invite, hope to be going to the UK next year MDing with my brother in Norfolk. Yahoo lol Cheers Pete