New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

DiggerDog  
Posted : Monday, 24 December 2012 6:32:13 PM(UTC)
DiggerDog

Groups: Registered
Canada

Just curious,as you guys are on the other side of the globe and all.Do you buy Paydirt there?You know bags of gold cons that you can pan out the gold from,or test new clean-up sluice,or that new highbanker you just built.So i know here in North America it's quite popular to do.Several company's offer different gold's from their area's (Alaska)(California)(Yukon)(Cariboo)ect.I think it would be really cool to have some paydirt from New Zealand or Austraila .Africa, Any one know of reputable company's or just miners that sell Paydirt.International shipping can't be that much.Any info would be cool.Thanks/DiggerDog. PS.i would be willing to trade some of my cons for some of your's kind of thing ,don't know how a guy could work it out but just a thought.It's -32 c here and 2 ft of snow.getting cabin fever along with a bad case of GOLD FEVER!!ha ha
Scorpio  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 6:21:04 PM(UTC)
Scorpio

New Zealand

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I think the problem from NZ is shipping that paydirt costs alot. due to weight, Where as in the states shipping from state to state can be almost free.
gogold  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 6:59:50 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scorpio Go to Quoted Post
I think the problem from NZ is shipping that paydirt costs alot. due to weight, Where as in the states shipping from state to state can be almost free.

also the biosecurity crap as well would they even let you send dirt internationally?
Scorpio  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 10:54:19 PM(UTC)
Scorpio

New Zealand

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 29 post(s)
im not sure .... im sure you could send it but might have to go through a weeks or so with customs....
oroplata  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 11:10:29 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gogold Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Scorpio Go to Quoted Post

also the biosecurity crap as well would they even let you send dirt internationally?

Well, I wouldn't call it crap. I'd be very surprised if let you send it here, unless it was sterilised on the way through.