New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

gingerbreadman  
Posted : Monday, 24 January 2011 9:51:46 AM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi guys just a few pic,s of some gold and an old rocker box i found which even had a bit of color left in it!.

Edited by user Sunday, 18 September 2011 12:09:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

roman holiday  
Posted : Monday, 24 January 2011 12:15:36 PM(UTC)
roman holiday

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dude... what a legend! That from just a few days? Crikey... you wouldn't see me back in civilization for a good while if I was finding that kind of yellow. lol

Edited by user Monday, 24 January 2011 12:16:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gingerbreadman  
Posted : Monday, 24 January 2011 12:42:23 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Yea its a pretty good spot alrite though it looks a lot more than it is there is 39grams there i dont really find any nuggets its all kind of the same...but im not complaining thats for shure!!.
roman holiday  
Posted : Monday, 24 January 2011 1:12:22 PM(UTC)
roman holiday

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Still over an ounce... bloody brilliant. Can't wait until I'm down in that neck of the woods.... flying into Auckland tomorrow, catching up with the family for a few weeks, and then once I get a camper sorted will head straight down to the South Island. Will look at starting at the top and working my way southwards over a few months.... until it gets too cold, then will head back to the sunny north.lol

Hope to catch up with you on the trail sometime, and do a fossick.... not that I expect you to show me where your prime spot is....lol.

Edited by user Monday, 24 January 2011 1:13:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dean  
Posted : Monday, 24 January 2011 1:59:10 PM(UTC)
Dean

Man

One day, one day... Im still a gold virgin lol, have yet to buy any gear or see a single bit of colour but what I wouldn't give to have a turnout like that one day!
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Monday, 24 January 2011 2:35:10 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

roman holiday wrote:
Still over an ounce... bloody brilliant. Can't wait until I'm down in that neck of the woods.... flying into Auckland tomorrow, catching up with the family for a few weeks, and then once I get a camper sorted will head straight down to the South Island. Will look at starting at the top and working my way southwards over a few months.... until it gets too cold, then will head back to the sunny north.lol

Hope to catch up with you on the trail sometime, and do a fossick.... not that I expect you to show me where your prime spot is....lol.

Ha youd be rite there i uasally just do it by my self as im a tight buggar and dont like to shear.
But the south island is a big place with lot,s of good spots to go the only trouble is finding the time to check them all...
1864hatter  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 January 2011 11:38:56 AM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Haha typical goldminer, good on ya for finding that in a weekend, how did u find this lot? dredge? interesting how it all seems to be of the same size like you said. Doesnt matter tho when u get 39 grams of it.

once again well done!
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 January 2011 1:38:13 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Hi there 1864hatter
yea i used to have a m8 come out with me which is ok if your just getting 5-6 grams to split down the middle but halving ounces...! sory buddy lol....lucky for me i have a very understanding m8!!
Yes all with a dredge minus what was in the old rocker box!
Karl McDowell  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 January 2011 2:44:46 PM(UTC)
Karl McDowell

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Awesome gold - and really neat photo of the old rocker box. Great scenery down that way.
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 January 2011 2:54:25 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Yes its always an interesting place once you get of the beatin track around the old timers settlements thers always something new that catch,s your eye...
kiwijw  
Posted : Friday, 28 January 2011 11:14:27 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi there gingerbreadman, Very very well done. Sure does look like more than 39 grams. Beats my 2.6 grams I got on saturday up here in the coromandel. Bet that made you smile. What size dredge you running?? Looks like Central Otago. Boy if that rocker box could talk.....what tales would it tell?

Good luck & again....well done

Happy hunting

JW :)
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Friday, 28 January 2011 1:30:09 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Hi there jw
yea it does look like more...but you should see it when theres still a bit of black sand in there too...now that looks impressive !!
that rocker box still had some sort of woven matt in the bottum of it possibly made of flax fibre got quite a suprise when my m8 washed it and got a bit of color out of it who,s ever it was must have just spat it and left it were it is to this day...wouldv look,d quite cool in the garden! i use a 6 inch dredge with all the bells and wistles go,s pretty good but im looking at something a bit bigger at the mo as i havent been out that much so when i do get out i want to make the most of it....
regards gbm.