New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 18 January 2013 10:01:23 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
I have heard a lot on the American forums about Whites legendary customer service and have just experienced it for myself. Last month I noticed that my 10" DD coil had lost its "null". This meant it would overload the detector when used with the 22.5khz frequency, it still worked well with the other 2 frequencies just not that one.

It still has 6 months of warranty on it, so this morning I emailed Mary at Whites Electronics and asked where I should send it to for replacement or repair. The reply I got was: "Grant I need you to send me the mailing address and I ship one out to you. Mary Hudson". Now not having to pay for shipping on warranty claims is unheard of especially when it is coming from overseas. So I questioned her and yup they are sending one out for free and there is no need to send the old one to them!

NUGGY  
Posted : Friday, 18 January 2013 11:24:00 AM(UTC)
NUGGY

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Wow - that is legendary. If you were considering buying a Whites or some other brand, that would pretty much tip the scales toward the Whites machine. NUGGY
Ed Harding  
Posted : Friday, 18 January 2013 9:04:55 PM(UTC)
Ed Harding

New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
I have heard a lot on the American forums about Whites legendary customer service and have just experienced it for myself. Last month I noticed that my 10" DD coil had lost its "null". This meant it would overload the detector when used with the 22.5khz frequency, it still worked well with the other 2 frequencies just not that one.

It still has 6 months of warranty on it, so this morning I emailed Mary at Whites Electronics and asked where I should send it to for replacement or repair. The reply I got was: "Grant I need you to send me the mailing address and I ship one out to you. Mary Hudson". Now not having to pay for shipping on warranty claims is unheard of especially when it is coming from overseas. So I questioned her and yup they are sending one out for free and there is no need to send the old one to them!

Grant, I'll second that, I have several dealings with White's over the past 2 years and I have to say, I to have been astounded at the lengths White's and their staff will go to help. It's been the best service I have ever received from any business by a country mile.
Equipment Whites V3i with a DX1 probe.
Whites BeachHunter 300
XP Deus