New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
criticol  
Posted : Wednesday, 9 February 2011 6:00:37 AM(UTC)
criticol

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Hi Forum.

Aren’t we getting a little bit lost in this mineral review thingy?

I sort of thought that “We don’t want, or need to be”, subjected to a Governmental “Permitting” regime, with all its associated costs and rules etc, creating an unnecessary hassle, for our fossicking hobby.

I was of the opinion that we wanted things to be as “Simple as possible” for us “Scratchers” of the earth with things like:
“Freedom of access” to Crown and/or Doc lands, or maybe even Councils wastelands, without having to ‘Plead” for their consents etc, and of course this should include waterways.

Maybe I’ve got the wrong twist on this. Please forgive me if I have!

“If” we can achieve those aims, life could be much easier for us, instead of having to ”Skulk” around like a bunch of secret agents, who wish to remain camouflaged unless found out.

In essence: Arent we "Really" only interested in using Metal detectors and or small scale sluices in our endevours to find some gold???

Cheers---Colin.

Edited by user Wednesday, 9 February 2011 6:11:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mintcar  
Posted : Wednesday, 9 February 2011 7:52:09 AM(UTC)
mintcar

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
that is dead right colin that is all we need regards Bill.
Bikerman  
Posted : Wednesday, 9 February 2011 12:47:22 PM(UTC)
Bikerman

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Bang on Colin....
mem  
Posted : Wednesday, 9 February 2011 3:21:01 PM(UTC)
mem

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Ditto enuf said then.
criticol  
Posted : Thursday, 10 February 2011 4:41:36 AM(UTC)
criticol

Lets all get the right grip on our concerns about the present,and also the possible future potential problems which we face with the mineral resources mining scenario!
I e. “The “Crown minerals review”

Were not large scale dredgers, or miners, or prospectors, or big processors of massively large amounts of gold bearing grounds by any stretch of the imagination, and were certainly not company orientated are we? and we “Definitely” don’t want to pay through the nose to pursue our recreational hobby? Do we?

Our fossicking hobby entails “Only” the use of a gold pan, a small scale dredge, or various small size sluice boxes, and the use of metal detectors, and I’ll be damned if these can be construed as great earthmoving machines.

So what do we do?
The next part of this review is sort of scheduled for early “April” this year.
Some of our contingency of forum members have already lodged a first submission when the review started, DID YOU?

Well, when Aprils review comes to light, “IT WOULD BE NICE” to think that “ALL” our members put in a “SUBMISSION FORM” to the reviewing panel, which stated those few minor concessions which we would like to have granted in our favor.

We may be only small time fossickers, but with all your supports we may be able to make our aims, and voices heard with more that a subdued “SQUEAK”.
So come on guys and girls, were pitching our concerns against some mighty big oppositions to our way of life’s recreational pursuits.

Make your,
“I SORT OF WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO MY HOBBYS REGULATIONS”
Heard loud and clear, with no mistakes as to how you feel about it.!

I’ll remind you all in a couple of months to:.
“GET OFF YOUR BEHIND, AND GET BEHIND OUR CAUSE”
Because those who have already put in submissions, have “ALSO” done so for your benefit, just to try to make things less regulated, and therefore easier for all of us to contend with.

Cheers--- Colin.
Bikerman  
Posted : Thursday, 10 February 2011 12:46:17 PM(UTC)
Bikerman

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oh I thought it was all over, if thats not the case then sure I will, but I wont be wanting to pay for any miners rights or licencing in any shape or form
criticol  
Posted : Thursday, 10 February 2011 1:13:58 PM(UTC)
criticol

Thanks Bikerman.

No,its not all over as far as I am aware.

If it is, then its a piss poor Governmental way of conducting this review isn't it?

Cheers and regards---Colin.
2 Pages<12