New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

The Precision Dredge  
Posted : Friday, 11 February 2011 6:36:36 PM(UTC)
The Precision Dredge

Groups: Registered

Just a update:

There are very few changes concerning the new line of Precision dredges. The frames are now made from stainless steel instead of powder coated, mild steel. The customer can still have the dredge custom made to his/her specifications, which Precision has always had to do depending on which type of geology the dredge would be placed in. The riffles will be made from stainless also and can be ordered in the Hungarian style or the older angle iron style for extreme black sand conditions. Obviously from the site you have seen that we are developing the HDPE modular pontoons for the units, which, again pontoon choice is up to the customer.

The newer pontoons are made of thicker gauge aluminum and are fully TIG welded. Needless to say they are monsters and are for serious conditions. We've always known that our dredges were not the prettiest but were always built to a higher standard.

Getting the site up has been slow but I figure we have the time. We really want to test everything to make sure the dredges are perfect hence the older photos. We really enjoy and need feedback from those who were past Precision clients. As of now we are molding new adapters for different engines than the VW, although I must say the VW is still my preferred choice since they can be repaired anywhere.

We haven't yet decided upon a HDPE pontoon color. We are ranging from the blue-greens to the grey at the moment. Also our pontoons will be thicker than the standard one’s sold. A little extra weight but we have experienced serious problems with thinner pontoons in the middle of South America so we want to make it right. As of now since the aluminum pontoons are fully welded we are no longer using foam. They are compartmentalized like a ship so if there is a breach it will only flood the one chamber and can easily be patched up. These new aluminum pontoons are 6 mm thick. If any one has personal pictures that they would like in the website gallery please forward those to me. I also want to say thank you for all the private messages of encouragement.

Although the main Precision website is not up yet you can view the beginnings here:

http://www.savanaeng.com/products_dredge.php

http://www.savanaeng.com/images/pics_hst1.jpg

I just wanted to let everyone know that Precision Dredges will have their own individual site. The page that was created above was just to satisfy all the Emails we have received asking if the dredges were truly being manufactured again. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts here and look forward to participating.

Kind Regards,

The Precision Team
Toll Free: 001 (888) 266-3181

Edited by user Saturday, 19 February 2011 4:55:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified