New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

DrunkBrother  
Posted : Wednesday, 17 April 2013 3:02:19 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Groups: Registered, Moderators
Man

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi guys,
Andrew and i plannign a trip of a lifetime to WA for gold detecting,
no, not tomorrow but within next 18 month.

But before we buy our own 5000, we want to meet with someone who already used it for at least a year and found gold with it.
We would be happy to fly down to south island if required (then we can do a gold trip or something like that)

please message me if you do not want others know :-)
*2014*Rings PlT/PD=0 GOLD=30 STG=53 Junk=46
greentater  
Posted : Thursday, 18 April 2013 10:59:53 AM(UTC)
greentater

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Drunk Brother, I have just returned from WA and have bought my 5000 back with me. I found a few bits of gold with it in WA however I never really had time to have a decent lash at detecting as I essentially worked all the time, I must have the worlds biggest collection of bullets and hobnails though. I found a bit up around Karratha and some down around Newman. Neither area is particularly known for alluvial gold although there is a fair amount of it around Karratha. Sadly all I have been able to do is add to my bottle cap collection back here in NZ. Happy to help in any way I can and you are welcome to come give it a try out.
DrunkBrother  
Posted : Thursday, 18 April 2013 11:14:44 AM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Groups: Registered, Moderators
Man

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greentater Go to Quoted Post
Hi Drunk Brother, I have just returned from WA and have bought my 5000 back with me. I found a few bits of gold with it in WA however I never really had time to have a decent lash at detecting as I essentially worked all the time, I must have the worlds biggest collection of bullets and hobnails though. I found a bit up around Karratha and some down around Newman. Neither area is particularly known for alluvial gold although there is a fair amount of it around Karratha. Sadly all I have been able to do is add to my bottle cap collection back here in NZ. Happy to help in any way I can and you are welcome to come give it a try out.

Sent you PM
*2014*Rings PlT/PD=0 GOLD=30 STG=53 Junk=46