New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages<1234>
jimmysluice  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 2:31:59 AM(UTC)
jimmysluice

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

uh guys this is a mining forum not the f@#king womans day
andy  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 2:44:25 AM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
haha lol
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
cavey  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 6:52:52 AM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi all have just read this thread regarding the claim on the nokomai and I wish Mr Aotea the best of luck for selling it if I had not just bought my first house I would have been keen as to have gone shears in the claim with a few others just like moonlight picker has done with the claim hes on. But at this stage me and my sluice box will stick to the public places on the coast but I will be keen to go shears on a claim in the future its all about having fun and if you make some money that's cool as well . Who ever buys the claim will have a good one I feel. That's just my 1 cents worth . Hope the gold keeps flowing for every one.

Stu
simon  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 11:17:11 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Speaking of claims, if anyone is serious about a claim i am interested in meeting/talking to you. I live in Queenstown and are interested in a claim within 100 km of here if possible. west coast is too far at present. I would consider a group of 1-3 others besides myself to share costs.

I am keen on something that is not a large raging river - would prefer something 12 mile size. i know access can be a bitch but any claim would need actual vehicle access to at least some of it.

I am willing to look at existing claims - perhaps even a part of a larger existing claim. the closer it is to me the more i will get to use it. Or i am willing to consider fresh locations.

I am also in the tourism industry and have quite a few good contacts - i'm looking at utilising a claim perhaps to bring in visitors. there are people willing to pay good money that don't all want to get in a river and dredge - just have a real outing with real kiwis in the outdoors, and perhaps a little pan/sluicebox and a picnic. what it's all meant to be about. I know this may lead to further hassles but i think this is a good way to covers costs on the right claim.

In terms of rules - there would be a few rules. got to keep it basic but just a few to give each party a fair share.

I'm sure to attract some knockers here but if anyone is even slightly interested please PM me.

Simon.
cromwellgold  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 11:30:36 AM(UTC)
cromwellgold

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Gawd :: I hope the farmer is not reading this forum .
200 odd Paydirt shareholders rushing to the Nokomai gold strike ,
Gold prospectors starving during the winter , killing cockeyes sheep, eating his sweedes and chow , cutting down his trees for the barbecue to cook the lamb chops , steeling baby cradles to make sluice boxes .
You could hire Robbie Deans to direct traffic from the main road , believe he is looking for a job .
The farmer is probably right now blocking the road with his John Deere tractor , Class header and turnip sower .
The original post was for half a dozen honest miners for some R and R and fun mining .
sycotoad  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 1:44:10 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Edited by user Sunday, 11 August 2013 12:10:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 7:21:28 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Lost for words!

Edited by user Thursday, 11 July 2013 12:19:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

webby1  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 9:11:11 PM(UTC)
webby1

New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
hi all, did the nokomai claim sell i cant see it on trademe
oroplata  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 9:27:11 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

It's just been re-listed.

gavzilla  
Posted : Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:54:26 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I am game for a few grand...
Cleggie  
Posted : Thursday, 11 July 2013 6:55:49 PM(UTC)
Cleggie

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi guys, I'd be interested in putting up some cash for a claim although I have a few reservations.

1/ The Nokomai claim is quite a distance away, as I live in Christchurch. So my visits would be less often and for shorter durations than someone living closer. Although I could take a month break from work a have a good go at it from time to time.
2/ Because I can't be there all the time I would worry about claim jumpers and others abusing the privilege. Not that I begrudge fellow partners in the claim getting their just returns. It all comes down to trust and honesty so I would need to have a face to face meeting and a good long talk both with the claim owner and those who are interested in putting up the cash.
3/I would also like to know the estimated value of the claim...( grams per cubic metre )

If those things can be sorted out then I am sure a lot of fun could be had and if there is good gold, a tidy profit to be made.

Just my thoughs
Aotea  
Posted : Thursday, 11 July 2013 7:07:00 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi Cleggie,
RE: your third point, there has been no bulk sampling or analysis. The cost of that would be more than I'm asking for the claim.

There has been very little mining beyond the elevator pits in the drybed in the lower parts. This has no bearing on the claim. As for grades, all I can say is the Nokomai Flats around the Nokomai Station homestead got loaded with huge gold volumes which was sourced from the Nokomai River, being that in the claim. Prior to the last glaciation, the Nokomai River was also fed from the NEvis River before it was forced to the Kawarau also.

The Nokomai Flats were around 60feet deep to the bottom where L&M got huge grades from what I understand.

gavzilla  
Posted : Thursday, 11 July 2013 7:32:51 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

So before I invest the question is when is it possible to go have a pan or sluice up there? I can then post the information on to people who are interested but live further away?
sycotoad  
Posted : Thursday, 11 July 2013 8:37:28 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Edited by user Sunday, 11 August 2013 12:11:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Aotea  
Posted : Thursday, 11 July 2013 8:39:21 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Gav,
You can go for it as far as Im concerned, but it isn't lawful from the access agreement's perspective. that needs the indemnity insurance sorted and confirmed which brings the confirmation of the access. so if you do, its not with my authority. From the mining permit and consents perspective, it'd be fine.
squires  
Posted : Friday, 12 July 2013 7:54:01 PM(UTC)
squires

I worked in victoria gully and the main gully about 50000 ounces where taken out , this is a cheap claim , and I think someone needs to just harden up and buy it . then grease up james hore and give him some chopper time lifting gear and grog in to the claim .
cromwellgold  
Posted : Friday, 12 July 2013 8:19:09 PM(UTC)
cromwellgold

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

The price of a whitebait stand in southland is twice the price of a share in this claim and anyone can use it if unattended , suppose they are whitebait jumpers just like claim jumpers.
Need a couple more members , first in .
gavzilla  
Posted : Friday, 12 July 2013 9:31:21 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

So according to those calcs that's equivalent to $75 million dollars of gold? Something smells pungent...
squires  
Posted : Friday, 12 July 2013 9:53:10 PM(UTC)
squires

gold was about $350 a ounce the 260 ton digger we used in the pit cost about 4 million , do you need a tissue?
gavzilla  
Posted : Friday, 12 July 2013 10:45:44 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

Originally Posted by: squires Go to Quoted Post
gold was about $350 a ounce the 260 ton digger we used in the pit cost about 4 million , do you need a tissue?

Pretty impressive, sounds a lot like a Krugg trencher... Shifting a fair few meters an hour.
4 Pages<1234>