New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Chrispy  
Posted : Thursday, 15 August 2013 10:14:13 PM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Im heading down to Tarras in a few weeks for a bunny shoot on a big station and as bunnys only realy come out morning and night I will have a bit of time to kill. Ive checked for all permits on the Lindis River just behind Tarras and there appears to be none. Does this mean any one can have a crack with a sluice and pan and if so has anyone had a poke around in there before and is it worth having a look.
Alternatively does anyone have a claim close by that I could run a wee sluice on. Got the gold fever real bad lol.
gjj109  
Posted : Friday, 16 August 2013 8:59:17 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I was down there last October. Unfortunately the river was in flood. Scratched out a few cracks on some exposed bedrock on the Old Faithful Road, just upstream, from Timburn Road. Was pretty impressed with the quantity of fine flood gold. Definitely on my bucket list when I get back down there.

Do a bit of research on the old Lindis Pass Hotel. Worth the visit and then you could have a look at Camp Creek, about 10 minutes past the old hut.

Good luck.