New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

FossickFester  
Posted : Tuesday, 17 September 2013 12:20:06 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi all, this is an awesome site. Not used to online forums, so if i make a stuff up, forgive me. I'm new to golding with only a few times out at fossicking with a sluice box (ol' sluicey). I'm looking for permission to sluice on some claims up the Wakamarina and possibly Reefton as I can't afford my own claim yet and have tried the public Fossicking areas on the Aorere river, but they're terrible, half of site "A" was inacessable or too deep to work. If any one can help this newbie out, it will be very much appreciated. :)
chrischch  
Posted : Wednesday, 18 September 2013 9:51:34 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Welcome mate, main thing is, when you post, just try to put it in the right section and you will get more replies. This post is under locations. I guess you were mentioning locations though.
The gold side of the site has pretty much dwindled the last few months but hopefully it picks up now the weather is warming up. I too tried one of the Aorere sites but also found it hard to work. Maybe try meet some of us at Reefton on Labour weekend?
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
FossickFester  
Posted : Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:43:22 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi chrischch, still getting used to this forum as i'm not very internet savvy. Learning heaps from you guys, so a big thanks to all who post their wisdom. Reefton labour weekend mite be a go. will have a read of the posts 'bout the trip. Cheers :)