New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:11:54 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
While I've been researching the Gold Bugs I've become aware of the Whites GMT. Sounds like the best of both worlds between the Gold Bug 2 and Gold Bug Pro... apparently it's got extra depth on bigger nuggets and still finds small stuff. Also a bit more user friendly that GB2 as auto-ground balance option. Only thing that against it seems to be it's a big heavier and also looks like it won't break down quite as small for the backpack.

Review:
http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/whites-electronics-gmt-metal-detector.htm

Anyone with one keen to share their experiences? Preferably with a machine that wasn't one of those copies that were doing the rounds not too long ago ;)
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Wednesday, 16 October 2013 7:55:00 AM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Gavin go to youtube there's a lot about the gmt . I think it's great detecter
expat  
Posted : Wednesday, 16 October 2013 6:58:04 PM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Or go to the Whites forum...... http://forums.whiteselec...b6ea31356a76eedcbb575550 ....where there is a section on the GMT in which you can post questions to those who use them.

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.
gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 16 October 2013 6:59:57 PM(UTC)
gavin

Originally Posted by: Moonlight Picker Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gavin go to youtube there's a lot about the gmt . I think it's great detecter

I've been doing lots of YouTube research - my missus has been wondering what the hell all these crazy noises are comping from my computer :P
gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 16 October 2013 7:00:58 PM(UTC)
gavin

Originally Posted by: expat Go to Quoted Post
Or go to the Whites forum...... http://forums.whiteselec...b6ea31356a76eedcbb575550 ....where there is a section on the GMT in which you can post questions to those who use them.

Cheers - hadn't come across that one yet.
Sailor  
Posted : Friday, 20 December 2013 9:59:20 PM(UTC)
Sailor

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gavin Go to Quoted Post
While I've been researching the Gold Bugs I've become aware of the Whites GMT. Sounds like the best of both worlds between the Gold Bug 2 and Gold Bug Pro... apparently it's got extra depth on bigger nuggets and still finds small stuff. Also a bit more user friendly that GB2 as auto-ground balance option. Only thing that against it seems to be it's a big heavier and also looks like it won't break down quite as small for the backpack.

Review:
http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/whites-electronics-gmt-metal-detector.htm

Anyone with one keen to share their experiences? Preferably with a machine that wasn't one of those copies that were doing the rounds not too long ago ;)

I,ve just bought an mxt,hey thanks for the links.It helped me make my mind up.Especially Steve,s guide to metal detectors.He found a 6 ouncer in Alaska.I,ve found it,s discrimination ok.Can,t wait to hit gold fields next year.Merry Christmas.
gavin  
Posted : Saturday, 21 December 2013 3:52:36 PM(UTC)
gavin

Originally Posted by: Sailor Go to Quoted Post
I,ve just bought an mxt,hey thanks for the links.It helped me make my mind up.Especially Steve,s guide to metal detectors.He found a 6 ouncer in Alaska.I,ve found it,s discrimination ok.Can,t wait to hit gold fields next year.Merry Christmas.

Glad you found the links useful too :) I look forward to hearing how you get on with the MXT! ;)