New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Chrispy  
Posted : Monday, 28 October 2013 10:28:15 AM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Oh well back to reality now but was a great weekend meeting every body and putting faces to forum names. A big thanks to KiwiKeith for the opportunity to go onto your claim even though we didn't get there and a big thanks to Goodtogo for getting the ball rolling and organizing the get together.
Well it pretty much rained the entire time we were there which in turn had raised the river levels to some very high levels.......put plainly every river in the area was grubby and flooded which meant we couldn't get across to Keiths claim (ggrrrr). We did however decide to wander up one of the closer rivers to have a wee look and initially started working some shingle through pans and sluices until Keith came back and said he had found some bedrock still above water a wee way up river. Some went back and some of us went up further to the bedrock. I was stoked as we hit gold instantly in the cracks and moss. A couple of us went back on sunday morning to have another go but the weather got the best of us by lunch time.
My total in the end was .33g and it was all put through the pan by scraping out the cracks and washing out the moss growing on the bedrock.
Very happy.
Chrispy attached the following image(s):
IMGA0599.jpg
IMGA0601.jpg
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 28 October 2013 1:03:09 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
fantastic chris...I know it's not a lot but it still gives you a buzz when you find it eh...if your ever down this way look me up and I will take you to some of my spots
were I know you will get some gold....again not alot but depends on how much time you put in and every bit counts..lol
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/