New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 November 2013 7:09:39 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Seems like some crazed american has lost there marbles. This is a GOLD forum and i ain't seeing any GOLD here. Maybe these products are GOLD lined or something.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
FossickFester  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 November 2013 9:42:57 AM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
The Ugg and Nike guy right? I think he's Chinese (i base this on a few of the names he/she used). Every couple of days he/she is poping up with a different name and changing his location, the spamming little prick. Didn't this start around the time that the fake gpx trade me guy was getting questioned bout his fake products, Or has this been going on longer? Could be the same guy maybe.
gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 November 2013 4:15:14 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Bloody annoying, but only takes a few clicks to kill them thankfully! Keep blocking the foreign IP addresses that get used, but probably doesn't stop the spammer for too long. All helps make their lives a little more difficult though. There must be some spamming sweatshop somewhere or some spamming bots hitting the site?! :P
FossickFester  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 November 2013 5:07:07 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
LOL, nice one Gavin, keep up the good work. It's good to see a blog site that's not full of spammers and trolls ruining it. I'm not much of a net blogger because i see so much of it online, so it's refreshing to have a good site like this. :)
gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 November 2013 7:12:32 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Unfortunately no-site's immune from the spammers - I even see it on Google based discussion boards (for web programming), before they clean it up of course. Just a fact of internet life I guess. I wonder if the spamming works? Must have some success if they keep on doing it so relentlessly, else surely they'd give up the fight if it's just wasted effort. Curious!