New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

webby1  
Posted : Wednesday, 4 December 2013 10:15:57 PM(UTC)
webby1

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
hi all, can anbody tell me anything about makro metal detectors saw them on you tube ,not up with the link thing yet still learning but look like they got pretty amazing depth..
Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 6 December 2013 5:51:26 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
They don't sound too bad:
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/CF77/Makro-CF77-Field-Test.pdf

Somebody has recently flooded them onto Trademe. Although they are similar to the GPX's in looks they are VLF and made in Turkey so not a Minelab copy. Very basic operation and only 3 tones so in my opinion the design is 10 years out of date for a non-waterproof coin detector but by reports the detector performs as advertised.
webby1  
Posted : Friday, 6 December 2013 6:21:52 PM(UTC)
webby1

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
They don't sound too bad:
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/CF77/Makro-CF77-Field-Test.pdf

Somebody has recently flooded them onto Trademe. Although they are similar to the GPX's in looks they are VLF and made in Turkey so not a Minelab copy. Very basic operation and only 3 tones so in my opinion the design is 10 years out of date for a non-waterproof coin detector but by reports the detector performs as advertised.

webby1  
Posted : Friday, 6 December 2013 6:25:00 PM(UTC)
webby1

New Zealand

CHEERS , I GUESS THE PRICE REFLECTS THAT WISH I COULD AFFORD A GPX 5000 SO SOMETHING THAT LOOKED SIMILAR NICE NEW AND SHINEY GOT MY ATTENTION ,THEYLL PROB SELL LOTS TO PEOPLE LIKE ME...
sycotoad  
Posted : Thursday, 20 February 2014 11:39:24 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Just to update those interested in the CF77 MAKRO metal detector that is being sold on trademe -

Anyone that thinks this is a Minelab copy of any sort needs to go back and play spot the difference all over again - Very much like those of you who think the MD3010ii is a copy of the Garrett Ace series - Pure hysteria runs through your veins, I bet -

I have seen an un-boxing and briefly tested one of these on my test garden it goes deeper than a Minelab Safari, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Minelab Sovereign XS2 & others so even the hint of comparing the CF77 to a Minelab is belittling the MAKRO IMO -

Also, dont be sucked into thinking the latest is the greatest in this game - You couldnt be any further from the truth

I have a 27 year old Tesoro that goes deeper than the Ace series & the F2/F4's) now you would think with that kind of thinking the new detectors should be far superior, but nah -

My Musky will keep up with todays top machines and even surprise a lot of you VDI enthusiests at the ratio of good finds to bad - first time used in well hunted park i.e. 17 targets = 15 coins & 2 pulltabs with their beaver tails folded into the middle & no rubbish - certainly sold me on the older analogue machines -

IMHO if you are wanting a stand out machine that will kick the big named companies butt, then you cant go wrong with one of these - No it doesnt have a screen with pretty colours & no its NOT made in the USA but I can assure you its by far the best quality metal detector I have had the pleasure of using & it is virtually impossible to try and fault it in anyway - Honestly, this is what I do - Review as many metal detectors as I can in order to pass this information on - If I dont know about it or have never used one, I go out of my way to get & test one if possible ..................... otherwise its left to researching the equipment/company

The NZ supplier is selling them to us cheaper than anywhere else in the world - The MAKRO website has more than enough information & support to make anyone feel comfortable investing in their products -

But hey, like I said, I have carried out brief testing only - I will be testing it at the beach & on gold in the near future -

Will keep you posted & I hope this helps someone when choosing a unit -

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder