New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Monday, 13 January 2014 8:01:08 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mudwiggle Go to Quoted Post
KGBee wrote:

OK, add in some freight as well, but what happens to the price if NZ Customs decide to get all bolshy and add on GST plus Customs Duties?
Or do they do that anyway now and the the price saving is still about $97?

To reach me in a quiet country backwater of NZ
Quick figures (assuming using YouShop, and all in Kiwi $)

From USA
Pointer: $165, incl US freight
Youshop to NZ: $20 (weight assumed to be in order of half kilo)
Total $185, no GST as under $400

From a NZ supplier
Pointer: $249
Shipping: $16.65 ( almost the same shipping as coming from the States...)
Total $265.65

Difference: $80.65

I'd risk a warranty issue for that

As with Shilo great work Thanks.
kiwisouth  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 January 2014 9:54:06 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Iggyrulz Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys Ordered my new Pro Pointer from Predator Tools (found the link somewhere on this forum, Thanks to whoever that was). Cant wait till it arrives, hoping there will be less abandoned holes from now on!

I did try one of the cheap Trademe pointers, thought it may get me by for a few months. Basically when I go out it stays behind, it is not worth a knob.
If anyone else is considering one, don't waste your money on the cheapies.

Does anyone out there have any tips on looking after the Garrett Pro Pointer, ie dirt/water proofing, general use etc.

Thanks happy hunting

I use a piece of bike tyre that covers the handle. You will still hear the signal as well as feel the vibration. Stops dirt from getting into the workings.
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 January 2014 10:39:19 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: kiwisouth Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys Ordered my new Pro Pointer from Predator Tools (found the link somewhere on this forum, Thanks to whoever that was). Cant wait till it arrives, hoping there will be less abandoned holes from now on!

I did try one of the cheap Trademe pointers, thought it may get me by for a few months. Basically when I go out it stays behind, it is not worth a knob.
If anyone else is considering one, don't waste your money on the cheapies.

Does anyone out there have any tips on looking after the Garrett Pro Pointer, ie dirt/water proofing, general use etc.

Thanks happy hunting

I use a piece of bike tyre that covers the handle. You will still hear the signal as well as feel the vibration. Stops dirt from getting into the workings.

Thanks Kiwisouth, sounds like a good plan, I may get some plasti dip as well to protect the tip.
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 January 2014 10:48:44 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Sideshow Go to Quoted Post
We have a problem!
Pamela Lesche Enterprises have refunded my Paypal account saying they cant ship internationally.
I have set up a NZ post Youshop account but am unsure how to tie the whole lot togeather.
I was trying to change or add a delivery address on my Paypal account (ie the provided Youshop address but it wont let me add US as a country)
This is all new to me have never used Paypal or Youshop before.

Please help!
Thanks

I linked my You shop account to my paypal via my ebay account now whenever i buy or pay for something on paypal it gives me option to pick or change delivery address so i change it to my you shop address job done Do you have a Ebay account?
Hope that helps

After quite a bit of buggering around and checking out computers for dummies (that's me), I finally managed to get the three accounts to sinc and she is on her way! or at least to the US Youshop address.
Thanks to all who helped out. Once the Pro Pointer arrives (which I do hope it does) I will post the total NZ$ cost.

Cheers Iggy
gixer24  
Posted : Thursday, 16 January 2014 8:18:00 PM(UTC)
gixer24

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I picked up mine on ebay.com.au from a retailer in Adelaide.

http://www.ebay.com.au/i...&hash=item20dde7460e

Think from memory the guy said $25 to post to NZ.
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Sunday, 19 January 2014 2:02:17 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: gixer24 Go to Quoted Post
I picked up mine on ebay.com.au from a retailer in Adelaide.

http://www.ebay.com.au/i...&hash=item20dde7460e

Think from memory the guy said $25 to post to NZ.

Thanks Gixer24,happy hunting
Sideshow  
Posted : Sunday, 19 January 2014 9:09:32 PM(UTC)
Sideshow

New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Awesome to see you got everything to sync and have ya pro pointer on the way I too am waiting for mine too come I'm thinking bout waterproofing got there's a couple good you tube videos on it doesn't look the flashes afterwards but bugger it Waterproofing it ain't no fashion show So off to buy goop and plumbers putty this week... And also if anyone else is looking there sum on eBay for bout $160 $20shipping that's nz dollars too his ebay name is hiprohobbies he has couple left
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Sunday, 19 January 2014 9:27:51 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Kellyco have them as a kit bundled with a Gator "lesche" for US$147...Free shipping in USA, so via YouShop works out at about NZ$200 to your door.

Aaaanyway, back on topic, I'll probably be looking at a vinyl dip and silicon 'enhancements' for mine. Previous experiences as a kayakfisher have taught me one or two things about waterproofing electronics :)
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Sunday, 19 January 2014 10:24:30 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Sideshow Go to Quoted Post
Awesome to see you got everything to sync and have ya pro pointer on the way I too am waiting for mine too come I'm thinking bout waterproofing got there's a couple good you tube videos on it doesn't look the flashes afterwards but bugger it Waterproofing it ain't no fashion show So off to buy goop and plumbers putty this week... And also if anyone else is looking there sum on eBay for bout $160 $20shipping that's nz dollars too his ebay name is hiprohobbies he has couple left

Sweet as enjoy your new pointer, looks to be quite a few good deals out there, half the battle is knowing where to look. My Pro pointer is looking at being NZD$ 194.20 delivered to my door ($167.45 for the pointer and $26.75 for the Youshop delivery). Which I am quite happy with, someone who knows a bit more about all this may be able to get the freight costs down a little but I suspect it wouldn't be much.
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Sunday, 19 January 2014 10:33:39 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Mudwiggle Go to Quoted Post
Kellyco have them as a kit bundled with a Gator "lesche" for US$147...Free shipping in USA, so via YouShop works out at about NZ$200 to your door.

Aaaanyway, back on topic, I'll probably be looking at a vinyl dip and silicon 'enhancements' for mine. Previous experiences as a kayakfisher have taught me one or two things about waterproofing electronics :)

Looks like a sweet deal, I think I will get some Plasti Dip for the tip and a bike tube/silicon for the handle.
My next investment will probably be a treasure bag of some description. I am currently using a small bumbag, which is not really cutting it, or at least it would if I pushed a wheel barrow around with me for all the trash I seem to collect.
Cheers Iggy
Shilo  
Posted : Monday, 20 January 2014 7:06:41 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
To waterproof a pro-pointer: Lightly dap some silicon around the light, over the speaker grill and under & around the rubber gasket of the on/off switch. The silicon doesn't need to be applied heavily like seen in some Youtube videos, it only needs a small amount smeared over the above spots. Lastly wrap some plumbers tape around the thread of the battery lid.

I have also Plasti-dipped mine right up to the battery lid but that is more to protect from wear then to waterproof it. The silicon allowed me to drop the pointer into puddles or run under a tap to wash without a problem.

Warning though: Warranty may be effected and you will loose some of the audio (but the vibrator works just as well).

Edited by user Monday, 20 January 2014 7:07:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Iggyrulz  
Posted : Sunday, 26 January 2014 6:12:22 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
To waterproof a pro-pointer: Lightly dap some silicon around the light, over the speaker grill and under & around the rubber gasket of the on/off switch. The silicon doesn't need to be applied heavily like seen in some Youtube videos, it only needs a small amount smeared over the above spots. Lastly wrap some plumbers tape around the thread of the battery lid.

I have also Plasti-dipped mine right up to the battery lid but that is more to protect from wear then to waterproof it. The silicon allowed me to drop the pointer into puddles or run under a tap to wash without a problem.

Warning though: Warranty may be effected and you will loose some of the audio (but the vibrator works just as well).

Sweet thanks Shilo. My pointer has arrived and 'It is awesome', cant believe how quickly it hunts out the targets.
If any one out there is undecided about getting a pro pointer, just do it, you will not regret it.

I have been busy on a building site last few nights with the F4 and have found a lot of interesting bits and bobs which I will post soon.
Matrix  
Posted : Thursday, 15 January 2015 10:37:46 PM(UTC)
Matrix

New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi guys
Just joined the forum, hopefully you won't all get upset for me reviving this post.
I've been trying to buy a pro pointer from the states using Youshop. Gets throw back at me each time, saying they won't post overseas.
Anyone overcome this issue yet?

Edited by user Thursday, 15 January 2015 10:39:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 15 January 2015 11:17:18 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Maybe you should have a look here first

Of course I'm going to tell you the Deteknix are good so have a look at what others have to say http://www.paydirt.co.nz...o-Pointer.aspx#post36532

If you still decide on a Garrett you can find them on TradeMe for about $245
sycotoad  
Posted : Saturday, 17 January 2015 4:06:53 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
I reckon 'Guardian' could point you in the right direction - Let us know how you go & good luck ;)

Edited by user Saturday, 17 January 2015 4:11:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
2 Pages<12