New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

kiwisouth  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 January 2014 9:33:42 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Gidday folks

The Te Tahi Detector Club in Auckland is in danger of winding up if the club is unable to get enough people on the committee. The incumbents have been doing the work for years and have other lives to live.

So, there will be a special meeting, to be held at the Ellerslie War Memorial Hall, Cnr Main Highway and Arthur Street, Ellerslie, to call for nominations for all committee positions. In the absence of sufficient nominations, the Club will be wound up.

I have been a country member of this Club for a number of years and I'm mad keen on the newsletter I get in the mail, great for the keeping the enthusiasm going.

So all you detectorists in Auckland, if you are able to help out, please do. You would have to be a financial member to be nominated but you are only looking at about $30 for a years subscription. As well as outings there is a newsletter that comes out every two months.

Having said that, the Club's next outing is Takapuna Beach on 2nd Feb, meet up south end of beach at 2pm. Nearly the lowest tide of the year and Takapuna Beach is still producing. There is another hunt the next day at Mission Bay 3pm and Mairangi Bay 16th Feb.
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 16 January 2014 8:26:11 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Hi there Kiwisouth. I often here about the auckland detecting club so it would be a shame to hear it cease operations.
I was the president of my own Landbased Gamefishing club some years back and a cool club it was indeed. We put out the biggest newsletter of all fishing clubs in NZ at the time. It was the newly appointed over the top commitee members who finally saw the end of it. I can say that i was very very sad to see it end (A lynching would of been appropriate at the time).
A smaller committee is often a good thing, keeping it simple. Im sure it will work out, hope so. looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
andy  
Posted : Thursday, 16 January 2014 4:52:33 PM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
yeah keep it smaller and tightnit to avoid all the politics of it lol!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
Goldnut  
Posted : Saturday, 18 January 2014 9:55:27 PM(UTC)
Goldnut

Man

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Im keen to join up with you guys... hate to see it go under...
Fisher F2 11DD coil, Garrett Pro-Pointer ----> My Blog: http://goldnut.blogspot.co.nz