New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 10:36:23 AM(UTC)
kiwikeith

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Helped organise get together for Paydirt members and volunteered gold claim for the event (Oct 2013)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Attention all you gold nuts!!!!! This claim has no longer any connection what so ever with me and anybody going up there without permission from the new owners will be prosecuted by DOC. This claim is strictly under the control of the new owners and no visitors will be welcome or tolerated so be warned!!!!

I do have your rego so as soon as I find out who you are I WILL name and shame on this forum as well as expect a visit from me

you better be wearing your hard hats . ever heard of king hits

Edited by user Sunday, 9 February 2014 11:13:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 12:48:34 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kiwikeith Go to Quoted Post
I do have your rego so as soon as I find out who you are I WILL name and shame on this forum as well as expect a visit from me

I'm intrigued!! You can buy an ownership history report from CarJam.co.nz using just the rego for about $15. Will give you a name ;)
kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 1:19:04 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Helped organise get together for Paydirt members and volunteered gold claim for the event (Oct 2013)

thanks for that gavin
will contact the police later today I have passed the information onto doc so hopefully they will also do something

I have had a guts full of assholes poaching so this time someone's going to go down (maybe in more ways than one)
gixer24  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 3:32:53 PM(UTC)
gixer24

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gavin Go to Quoted Post

I'm intrigued!! You can buy an ownership history report from CarJam.co.nz using just the rego for about $15. Will give you a name ;)

Pretty sure they put a stop to that about 2 years ago mate. Privacy issues etc.

But yes, passing on the information to Doc and the Police should hopefully yield a result.
gogold  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 4:01:56 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
if it has nothing to do with you keith then why be a hero about it? let the new owners sort it out. I think threats of violence on a public forum are pretty retarded on your behalf, muppets are claim jumping everywhere its up to the owners to do something about it not you.
kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 4:18:31 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

I agree gogold but when they are telling people that I given them permission to dredge then it gets up my nose

as for the threat that can be taken anyway one likes, king hitting maybe illegal but only if one connects and since im 6'2" I don't think I will miss
the cars they are driving are Nissan and a Mazda utes

be very afraid I will get you
gogold  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 4:30:28 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
fair enough keith, you didn't mention scum was using your name for being up there. you should put a big sign up there, no excuses then, I think their vehicle half buried in the creek/river will be just as satisfying/ sufficient punishment
Chrispy  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 5:14:04 PM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
That's a real shame mate. Dunno if it helps but I was up at that wee spot you took us to last year (as a club hunt) on Friday arvo and saw a blue and silver or green and silver double cab ute heading back towards carpark around dinner time. they were fair hoofin it. You could check with doc as well as they were up there shooting seeds out of the beech threes.
Are you looking at another claim or had enuff?? you sound fairly pissed off.
Also I was hoping to pick your brains on the ins and outs of possum trapping and the rules and regulations etc.

kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 5:25:33 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

hi chrispy send me a pm re possums heading back into the hills in the morning for 10 days so don't expect a quick reply
no im not going for another claim seems to me poaching is the way to go (just kidding) seem to be doing better from the coons $ per hours work

gogold cant really touch their cars and really at the end of it all cant really smack them over either how ever there is karma and doc has cameras in the area

caz was saying a bottle of tonic water in the fuel tank works wonders then you drink the gin to give the final satisfaction
but like you saying not really my problem let steve deal with it hes in liaison with doc
G-old  
Posted : Sunday, 9 February 2014 11:44:37 PM(UTC)
G-old

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
it sounds like claim holders need to band together?

and talk to the cops and see that some kind of group prosecution , or data base is set up as it looks like its going to be the same people moving from claim to claim maybe?

esp since folks are talking bout knee capping or king hitting people ,saying that violence is the best way to fix a issue like theft is madness.

there are some upset people out there ,but we all started this hobby the same way,a pan in hand .

so the guys that buy the claim, to do it for fun or for profit should be looked after, as for most of us its our best chance of getting to have a play or we have to go to a public site , but the guys with dredges claim jumping are the same kinda guys that get into fossicking areas n suck out spots there to so its kinda in the interest of claim holders and mr joe bloggs with the pan n box to help out each other really ?????????????????????

just a thought folks its usually a few bad apples that can ruin it for all

Edited by user Sunday, 9 February 2014 11:47:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simon  
Posted : Monday, 10 February 2014 8:31:41 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
a big boulder over a key access point when they are up there will sort them! boulder drops always work for DOC.

would leaves them in a right pickle.
tobyl  
Posted : Sunday, 23 February 2014 10:10:29 AM(UTC)
tobyl

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just read some of the comments reguarding pell stream.geeze sounds like theirs a few a ...holes frequenting the area nowdays.a mate and myself used to go up there a couple of years ago when the permit was held by a big aussie company ,who never went near the place.a great place to walk into for a bit of peace and quiet and a wee pan.the doc people were great ,and at times stayed in the hut ,doing research on the native bats and birds.we quite often had a chat and got the odd ride out .i'm talking the area between the two claims .the last time I was in there it looked like someone had dredged right up to where the the pell comes through the hard bedrock opening.up stream.which if you look on the map i'm sure is not claimed.but as usual people start talking ,and all of a sudden in they come with all the big gear and ruin the place ,and piss off doc in the process.it was a great spot to walk in and have cuppa in the sun on the rocks.i suppose you can still do the walk all the way in to the old hut way up stream ,but I don't think my legs would last that walk ,it's a toughie ,when wet.
sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 28 February 2014 11:33:52 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
I agree gogold but when they are telling people that I given them permission to dredge then it gets up my nose

as for the threat that can be taken anyway one likes, king hitting maybe illegal but only if one connects and since im 6'2" I don't think I will miss
the cars they are driving are Nissan and a Mazda utes

be very afraid I will get you

just for the general publics safety - make SURE you 'king hit' the poacher & NOT some poor innocent bugger -

however in saying that KK I can see you are really quite pi$$ed & can only speculate into how fcuked off you really are as I have NOT invested my hard earned cash into prospecting, only to be ripped off -

yep I agree with your suitable punishment - just make sure you nail the right guys

Edited by user Friday, 28 February 2014 11:39:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Reubin  
Posted : Monday, 3 March 2014 11:41:40 AM(UTC)
Reubin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I always find it interesting how the people whom get most upset about poachers are often the biggest poaching b@#&%?ds themselves. The 2 persons whom dredged the shit of Pell several years ago were also were working in another place on the Coast beginning with M. They to were also under surveillance by DOC and WDC.

Edited by user Monday, 3 March 2014 12:08:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified