New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

mahutaman  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 March 2014 10:13:56 PM(UTC)
mahutaman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey there guys, I was looking at taking my 7 year old son for a long, man weekend of camping, fossicking and nature. Looking at the first weekend of may. (weather dependent) He wanted to go hiking, camping and golding!!

Just looking for some ideas for places in the west coast that I could go and show him a cool adventure for 3 days. We have been to slab hut creek and goldsborough, which are both beautiful places to chill out, sluicing for the day. Just hunting for some different ideas, where I can show him a few more specks of gold. !f not, all good, I will head back to slab hut.

I really enjoy reading everyone's articles on here, especially ones about past on knowledge, through the generations.

Anyone got a cool Father and Son Fossicking story?, Add to the post, might get something going here!!!!
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 March 2014 8:40:43 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Took me dad down to the beach the other week to show him how cool i was on the detector. Found two quick coins and then bingo, pulled up a 18ct GOLD ring right before his eyes.
He thought i was having him on for a bit there.
Can honestly say it was a magical moment and one to be savoured.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
mahutaman  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 March 2014 7:29:47 PM(UTC)
mahutaman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Thanks Creamer, that's the type of moment I am hoping to be able to show my boy! job well done on the gold ring.
crushit  
Posted : Saturday, 29 March 2014 7:40:17 PM(UTC)
crushit

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Hi Tane,Give me a yell if your over this way. Heading off to Perth and sth west Australia at the end of april and will be back earlyjune so if you are over before or after those dates I would be able to show you around a bit.
regards Flag.