New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Sluicebox  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 April 2014 7:38:40 PM(UTC)
Sluicebox

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My wife and I spent 2 awesome days down at the arrow recently and thought I would share some pics.

Had a great time except for the god damn sandflies on day 1. Day 2 we had bushmans, best stuff in the world i reckon..

My A52 with a homemade classifying screen test which worked ok.

A shot of my bluebowl setup at home in AKL

Some gold in the bowl... yahoo

And some gold in the bottle which is a quarter of what we finally got after the cleanup.
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Tuesday, 1 April 2014 10:52:24 PM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good pic, hope you enjoy yourself , in the good part of NZ [ south inland] .... what sandflies are there sandflies down here! the baggers bit good A
Sluicebox  
Posted : Wednesday, 2 April 2014 9:04:35 PM(UTC)
Sluicebox

New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It was a fantastic time in my favourite part of NZ.

I also found a Keene dredge water hose intake filter on the river bank which seemed a little strange as dredging is not allowed in that area of course. Anyone wanna buy it?
simon  
Posted : Thursday, 3 April 2014 8:10:46 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi there,

I'm thinking two things when you say you found the dredge intake filter.

1. someone has been dredging in the public area again. this does happen occasionally but there is a heap of traffic up this stretch these days - 4wds, tours, bikers, walkers, joggers etc so a stupid place for it but it does happen.

2. most likely some poor bugger has has their filter fall off there ute whilst driving out from upriver. there are several permits further up and the road is pretty rough.

McKennas Gold  
Posted : Thursday, 3 April 2014 8:42:41 AM(UTC)
McKennas Gold

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello Sluice box and everyone.
I see my footvalve has surfaced . Ha it looks bad doesnt it. However Simon has almost hit the nail on the head. It did just fall off the back of our ute. To be very honest we do have a registered claim in the area. But not up the arrow. However we live in arrowtown and before leaving on a weekend trip we took dredge up to give it and hookah a run before helicoptering into our claim. Un fortunately the hose clamp was not as new as the footvalve which we have just bought brand new. Buggggger.
When I say a run I mean the motor and airsystem and not the riffel box. Sorry people but we werent interested in arrow gold . But more like arrow water . We would love to get our valve back if possible .Can I get your phone number please. Cheers and thanks for the tip off. We thought it had dropped off in the town on the way to the river.
Regards