New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Iggyrulz  
Posted : Sunday, 1 June 2014 12:12:47 AM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Hi guys, I have been wanting some headphones for a while and have been looking at a few options.
Decided to go with 'radio earmuffs' with an aux imput. They are actually pretty comfortable, with good sound. I am just using a straight audio cable @ the moment but will get a coiled one.

The good thing about them is there multi use factor, work, mowing lawns, etc. I did discover by accident if you pull the jack out slightly you can get both radio and target signal coming through together, defeats the purpose I know, but could be handy on those long deserted beach hunts.

A cheaper model is available with no radio just MP3/aux import. It wont be every ones cup of tea, but could be worth a look at if you are looking at getting wired for sound.
Iggyrulz attached the following image(s):
P5310120.JPG
P5310122.JPG
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Sunday, 1 June 2014 7:17:47 AM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
That's a serious beard you have there!

I could do with some decent over the ear phones for the surf beaches. Got a link?
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Sunday, 1 June 2014 12:20:15 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mudwiggle Go to Quoted Post
That's a serious beard you have there!

I could do with some decent over the ear phones for the surf beaches. Got a link?

Yeh thanks I've been growing it for winter, back to clean shaven for the summer months. No don't know how to do the link thing yet, got them from Bunnings, with a bit of discount $115 incl. Mega had some down here as well. I think retail is about $140 ish so they are not cheap but nether are good headphones. They will definitely drown out the surf noise as well as the inquisitive public.