New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
gavin  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 7:57:00 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Howdee gold diggers,

Sorry for the downtime - was upgrading the forums to the latest shiny new version. I recommend refreshing the page to make sure all the latest files are downloaded to your browser!

Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

Enjoy (I hope!),
Gavin
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 8:12:28 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gavin Go to Quoted Post
Howdee gold diggers,

Sorry for the downtime - was upgrading the forums to the latest shiny new version. I recommend refreshing the page to make sure all the latest files are downloaded to your browser!

Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

Enjoy (I hope!),
Gavin

Is that what happened to my computer - I thought that this $2000 computer had taken a hissy fit and after throwing a ballistic wobbly at the thing for not letting me get onto the forum including getting physical with the box all the circuit things are in and not being able to understand the instructions that might as well have been written in Swahili which said something about errors I finally get in to discover that I was confronted with a very confusing new look and now have to spend the next four weeks trying to acclimatise to the new look.

Us traditionalists and oldies who were born not long after the advent of the model T generally dont purposely go for new looks and upgrades but I will get used to it...I think.

Now at this stage I will declare that I have an issue as you did say to let you know if I encounter any issues - I want a woman!

If I appear to be in a bad temper then I am sure that any of you would be if you had been asked by a member of this forum if I would meet him and another member up at my place for a couple of days gold mining - pack my gear for time out - have the decency to wait until 'she' comes home to tell her I am going away for a couple of days and she makes me feel guilty about going. So here I am, confronted with a new look forum, in a bad temper because two forum members are actually having a great time up at my place and I am stuck here...now Gavin you might understand why I have an issue - and want a woman...one that LIKES gold mining, doesnt give two hoots what I do, when I do it or where I do it and is positive about me heading for the tall timber with my friends.

Now to top all that off a second couple turned up at my place one hour ago to ask if they could go up to my place to ride their horses out the back and I said yes as long as they didnt mind others up there - now this makes it doubly worse - I am still stuck here because I am married to a possessive blasted dragon and half of the rest of the world are up at my place...and to confuse me even more...the forum decides to change itself!"

As for the new look - its fine

Edited by user Monday, 4 July 2011 10:46:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gavin  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 8:16:29 PM(UTC)
gavin

I thought you Kiwi's preferred sheep?! :P

New look - may tweak it a little as not sure what I think of it myself - a little too reactive to my mouse hovering over things I'm thinking! I'll see if it grow on me too :P
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 8:27:06 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: gavin Go to Quoted Post
I thought you Kiwi's preferred sheep?! :P

New look - may tweak it a little as not sure what I think of it myself - a little too reactive to my mouse hovering over things I'm thinking! I'll see if it grow on me too :P

Now what does that mean - you 'thought us kiwis preferred sheep' - that sounds a bit dubious to me - apparently some bloke up at Temuka preferred a horse and that got him arrested!
clarky  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 8:39:45 PM(UTC)
clarky

Man

Heh Gavin, I can,t seem to get the quick reply message thingy to work. Hope this message gets through ok. Was just getting the hang of the old formatt but no doubt will pick this one up as I get to know it better. It looks fine.

Clarky
chchfossiker  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 9:01:21 PM(UTC)
chchfossiker

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
bit different gav.... but i like different
chchfossiker  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 9:04:09 PM(UTC)
chchfossiker

ohh and im a gold nugget sweet.now i just have to find one
overdog  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 9:05:20 PM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHINY!

Nice one Gav-I like it!
gjj109  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 9:15:22 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
First thought when I couldn't load the forum was "Bugger, Lammerlaw is trying to upload a photo", but now I realise I was mistaken.
dettol  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 9:54:04 PM(UTC)
dettol

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hahaha, good one gjj!

Site looks good but will have to get used to the new colour scheme. Feels a little like I've stepped into a parallel gold fossicking universe :P
cavey  
Posted : Monday, 4 July 2011 10:10:44 PM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Nice work gavin will take a bit of getting used to but good stuff hope house hunting going well
mem  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 6:08:13 AM(UTC)
mem

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Well done Gavin we all gone all nice an posh now,couldnt work out what to do when i first see it.
Ohh well gotto learn it all over again bugger , must be my age.
Its pretty cool tho.
Mem
mem  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 6:13:48 AM(UTC)
mem

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Is that what happened to my computer - I thought that this $2000 computer had taken a hissy fit and after throwing a ballistic wobbly at the thing for not letting me get onto the forum including getting physical with the box all the circuit things are in and not being able to understand the instructions that might as well have been written in Swahili which said something about errors I finally get in to discover that I was confronted with a very confusing new look and now have to spend the next four weeks trying to acclimatise to the new look.

Totaly aggree with you Lammerlaw i keep a hammer next to my box LOL,and i have a window right next to it as well for back up.
Mem

Edited by user Tuesday, 5 July 2011 6:15:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Richie  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 7:26:09 AM(UTC)
Richie

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi Gavin, Awesome work was a nice surprise to find the changes... keep up the good work there.....
Shelia  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 10:47:47 AM(UTC)
Shelia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
All good. Do you get much out of the advertising? I click on the odd add in the hope...
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 1:30:35 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: mem Go to Quoted Post

Totaly aggree with you Lammerlaw i keep a hammer next to my box LOL,and i have a window right next to it as well for back up.
Mem

Great that someone agrees with me...at least some of the time - I see you are in the UK and like shooting - are you actually allowed to shoot over there? I thought that if you want real shooting you had to come here - if you like shooting and you are there then you really will have to come here - you will think your in heaven!
gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 1:48:51 PM(UTC)
gavin

Originally Posted by: Shelia Go to Quoted Post
All good. Do you get much out of the advertising? I click on the odd add in the hope...

Hi Shelia, cheers ;) Very very little! Might cover cost of hosting if I'm lucky, but prob not. More of a passion thing!

However, my www.topomap.co.nz site is actually starting to be a nice little earner (not enough to give up the day job though!) even though it gets less page views than these forums and has way less ads?!

Edited by user Tuesday, 5 July 2011 5:28:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 5:22:55 PM(UTC)
gavin

Originally Posted by: clarky Go to Quoted Post
Heh Gavin, I can,t seem to get the quick reply message thingy to work. Hope this message gets through ok. Was just getting the hang of the old formatt but no doubt will pick this one up as I get to know it better. It looks fine.

Clarky

Hi Clarky, have you tried forcing your browser to refresh the page? Might be caused by old files being present from last version. On Windows usually pressing [Ctrl] + [F5] usually foces the browser to reload all the pages content you're looking at. Hopefully that works?
gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 5:26:00 PM(UTC)
gavin

Originally Posted by: dettol Go to Quoted Post
Hahaha, good one gjj!

Site looks good but will have to get used to the new colour scheme. Feels a little like I've stepped into a parallel gold fossicking universe :P

Yeah, I may have a tweak when I get 5 mins as too me the look and feel is a little too in-ya-face detracting from the content ;) I was actually wanting to tweak it a bit before going live but I accidentally updated the live site instead of my test site so was committed to pressing ahead - doh!
Eagle  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2011 6:41:12 PM(UTC)
Eagle

Man

Nice work again Gav!!!...all good at my end.

Eagle
2 Pages12>