New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

kiwijw  
Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2014 11:24:54 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi guys, Well it has been a long time between finds making there way on to here. Surely there are some of you out there finding some gold????? I couldnt wait any longer to see what may come to light so here are my results from my last few outings. Each coin pic is of different days finds.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Tiny

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Lucky Horse shoe helps find the unluck number of 13 little nuggys

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

A little tiddler found behind this large rock sitting on schist bed rock that the old timers had washed all around.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

All up 35 bits for 16 grams. So it is out there.

Good luck out there

JW :)

Chrispy  
Posted : Friday, 10 October 2014 9:19:24 AM(UTC)
Chrispy

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
well done mate totally inspiring.
The Hatter  
Posted : Saturday, 11 October 2014 6:55:31 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Hi Kiwijw

Good stuff mate. This bloody Minelab Etrac just continues to astound me. I knew I could turn it into a pretty good gold detector.
Found the ideal Etrac Mode on the net, tweaked it a bit. And now I am as I said just astounded. I don't have any electronic scales and it wouldnt register anyway. I will make a button scale up, one of these days. It will weigh down to one grain or less. And as you will know there are a lot of grains to an ounce. Thats a common pin in the photo. The piece of gold is about the size of a pinhead and a half. I can detect it at one and a half centimetres, and thats not an air test. I have plastic Gladbags filled with sand and gravel. Damm it would take a long time to get an ounce detecting gold that size. But I will take anything I can get. And of course the bigger the gold, the deeper I can go. Oh JW thats using the 6 inch Coiltek Treasure Seeker Coil. Its bloody dynamite on the small stuff combined with the program/mode I am using. Of course still to test it out in the field. But I have recreated the field here at home. The only thing missing is the sound of a running creek and the sandflys lol.

UserPostedImage

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"

gjj109  
Posted : Sunday, 12 October 2014 10:24:50 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Thanks for the post JW. I've been across the ditch in fly country for the past 3 weeks. It certainly makes you appreciate NZ. As you say, not much being posted on here. Hope to get out this week for a scratch in a puddle and rectify that.
kiwijw  
Posted : Sunday, 12 October 2014 11:59:18 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Hi there Garry, Chrispy & Trev, Thanks guys for your comments. It astounds me at the lack of members posting there gold adventures & finds. Maybe that is due to winter.....but I cant be the only one out there looking.

Bloody hell Trev.....you have that Etrak running on a knifes edge....well done. Be very interesting to see how it performs out in the field....even though you have brought the field to your piece of gold.....minus the sandflies & running waters of a west coast creek I feel has given your home test an un fair advantage. LOL :) What is stopping you getting out there??

I found a few tiddlers myself this weekend with the nuggetfinder 12" x 7" coil. 2 at .06 of a gram & 2 at .08 of a gram & 1 at .09 of a gram.

Here are a couple of them.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

But I also got a 2 grammer :)

UserPostedImage

15 bits all up for just under 4 grams & an old button

UserPostedImage

Garry....you are excused for not posting any of your Coro gold finds due to your time across the ditch but we now look forward to an adventure from you....No pressure. :)

Cheers guys.

Good luck out there

Edited by user Monday, 13 October 2014 12:02:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chrispy  
Posted : Monday, 13 October 2014 2:47:43 PM(UTC)
Chrispy

New Zealand

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Haha its its not from lack of trying I just have nothing to show yet. Spent all weekend in the bush on the coast with the gold bug but shuldve taken the little bazooka gold trap sluice instead. Nice little plunge pools on bedrock to empty. Next time lol.
kiwijw  
Posted : Monday, 13 October 2014 6:56:55 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Bad luck Chrispy. The old numbers game will have to pay off sooner or later. Murphy's law. You could still post your adventures regardless of finding gold or not. A story to read with a few pics is better than nothing.

Good luck out there