New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Monday, 23 February 2015 9:32:38 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi Jw
don't let some critter (maybe a worm !?) that decided to crawl out from under there little rock rattle your cage they must have been so jealous of your exploits to sign up to post 1 post but more than likely they are already a member but to gutless to say who they are ?? I guess when you look at it like that it must quite humbling but all this pub talk gets me thinking if I turn up at the pub on a Saturday and going by the posts you must be there EVERY Saturday !! I mite be able to ply you with beer "or if your like me...a bourbon slut" see if I can get you talking:)
speaking of which have you been back out past the old black stump lately ?
cheers.
gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 9:16:20 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kiwijw Go to Quoted Post
Thanks jafa, My thoughts as well. I guess it is a lot easier to sit in a pub on a hot summers day & talk over a beer or two about the exploits of someone elses adventures & "success" ( I wouldnt have thought I would have been the focus of so much conversation & attention every saturday arfo. LOL) rather than them doing the research & hard yards out in the field for themselves finding their own spots & walking over gold. But there are those that talk about it & those that get off their arse & do it.

For those of you that have enjoyed my posts & pics of my adventures & finds over the years & may have learnt a tip or two from my early days of sluice boxing, crevicing, general fossicking & lately.... detecting. I thank you for coming along on the journeys with me & for your support, feedback & comments. It has been a fun trip but I am signing off from this site for good & will just keep my adventures to myself & maybe the odd article in the Australian Gold Gem & Treasure mag.

Very best of luck to you all out there.

JW

Bugger :( I really don't seem to be able to admin these forums very effectively eh! A bit of a full time job trying to keep on top of it all.

For what it's worth I've banned centralgold 's account. Bit gutting that someone registered with an account just to post a few posts purely to piss someone off :(

You'll be missed JW!
SimonQtown  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 12:37:10 PM(UTC)
SimonQtown

New Zealand

Thats a bugger John as no one else seems to contribute anything gold related much anymore. Surely gold can be discussed without giving away too much.
As far as this person has given away locations i think most people knew or could figure out form the pics where they were.

I guess someone isn't getting off the couch and getting out there often enough.

Wont the person have given an email address to sign in.

I've only just re registered myself which is why i haven't contributed anything for a while. I was user name simon. Unfortunately i haven't had time to figure out reregistering but i thought i needed to here. i had lost my password which i needed after the site's last update. i couldn't get a reminder to my email for some reason.

Simon.
Golddigger7  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 12:49:51 PM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Its not that the person revealed locations so much as they were 'stalking' John from one forum to the next. If I was John I would regrettably have to do the same. Now John can get on with what he does and not get crap for it.

GD7
gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 2:01:28 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SimonQtown Go to Quoted Post
Thats a bugger John as no one else seems to contribute anything gold related much anymore. Surely gold can be discussed without giving away too much.
As far as this person has given away locations i think most people knew or could figure out form the pics where they were.

I guess someone isn't getting off the couch and getting out there often enough.

Wont the person have given an email address to sign in.

I've only just re registered myself which is why i haven't contributed anything for a while. I was user name simon. Unfortunately i haven't had time to figure out reregistering but i thought i needed to here. i had lost my password which i needed after the site's last update. i couldn't get a reminder to my email for some reason.

Simon.

Should have sent me an email mate ;) Password has been reset and you should have received a new random one by email. Unfortunately there's a few minor things still broken with forum since the forced move. Just not had any free time to throw at it. I'm hoping to chuck some time at it this winter - upgrading the forums and also probably upgrading the site.

The email he used was an @outlook.com one - could have easily set himself up a temp email address. Such a shame people feel compelled to shit stir.
digahole!!  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 7:28:54 PM(UTC)
digahole!!

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 28 post(s)
What a disappointment!! Another good bugger not willing to contribute any more due to the attitudes of others. It's for this type of reason that when I do contribute, which isn't very often these days, I am quite careful about what I post.
Golddigger7  
Posted : Saturday, 28 February 2015 9:13:50 AM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
saw the mighty kiwijw vehicle by a fence last night, so I honked the horn three times :-)
2 Pages<12