New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

sycotoad  
Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2015 10:04:11 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Here is a vid by Keith Southern testing the Makro Racer on gold nuggets using the small coil - Check out the depth on the coin at the end of the vid if you are a coin/relic hunter -

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqYoxxM4eg

The depth this little coil can hit targets is simply amazing -

If you require any information regarding this detector or any other products from Makro
http://www.earthscan.co.nz

Or flick me an email at [email protected]

Cheers

Edited by user Monday, 15 June 2015 10:57:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Golddigger7  
Posted : Tuesday, 10 March 2015 8:16:09 AM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Thanx sycotoad, would this detector be good on gold nuggets as small as the ones that kiwijw used to post. it looks to promise alot at a cost effective price, so maybe this might be the way forward without getting a GPZ 7000
Golddigger7  
Posted : Tuesday, 10 March 2015 8:16:20 AM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Thanx sycotoad, would this detector be good on gold nuggets as small as the ones that kiwijw used to post. it looks to promise alot at a cost effective price, so maybe this might be the way forward without getting a GPZ 7000
sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 10 March 2015 9:16:17 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Thanks for your post Golddigger7 -

To be honest at this stage I have not tested the Racer on sub gram nuggets but hope to rectify that as soon as I obtain some samples - If you are looking at primarily prospecting then the soon to be released Makro Racer Gold would be the ones for electronic prospecting -

There is still very little regarding the specifications at this stage however I think its important to ALL prospectors to know that there will be a Gold dedicated unit out soon -

The main reason I wanted you guys to see how the Makro Racer preformed on small gold was to give you an indication on how well the Racer Gold should be when released and also to give those of you who coin/relic hunt an indication of how well the Makro Racer does on small gold -

As information comes in on the Racer Gold I will keep you all informed via this thread -

Golddigger7 as soon as I get hold of a Racer Gold I am more than happy to send to you for testing in the field before making that decision regarding the GPZ 7000, however without stealing any of the thunder away from Makro, I would think the Racer Gold to be more of a threat to the Fisher Gold Bugs than that beast of a Minelab :)

If there is anything at all I can help you with please send me an email - Cheers
nafcd  
Posted : Wednesday, 11 March 2015 9:11:43 AM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
any idea of price
sycotoad  
Posted : Wednesday, 11 March 2015 8:25:20 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: nafcd Go to Quoted Post
any idea of price

Hi - good question at this stage it would be purely speculation as to what price Makro and the US market set, however if I was to hazard a guess I would think it to be no more than the Makro Racer and competitevly priced against the Fisher Gold Bugs -

Again that's just a guess at this stage however as I hear information closer to the release I will keep you all informed -

Hope this helps for now - Cheers

Edited by user Wednesday, 11 March 2015 8:26:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

overdog  
Posted : Friday, 24 April 2015 1:23:31 PM(UTC)
overdog

Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Vince.... Any news yet? Put me down for a gold racer when they get here...
sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 24 April 2015 2:30:21 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Hi overdog -

Nothing as yet however I WILL email them this afternoon to ask them specifically about the Racer Gold -

If the Makro Racer is anything to go by then the Racer Gold will certainly be a worthy unit suitable for electronic prospecting - As the reviews are coming to light regarding the Racer and its abilities with the small coil one can only be a little excited as to how the Racer Gold will be -

Hopefully guys I will have something more to post regarding this on Monday -

Ifanyone is contemplating getting a VLF Gold Detector then please hold off for a while as I believe the Racer Gold will be a worthy unit as Makro are taking this industry by the scruff of the neck and will be turning out quite a variety of detectors over the next couple of years - "2015-2017 (Pulse Induction detectors, new technology VLF and pulse imaging systems, hybrid VLF detectors, entry-level detectors, walk-thru security detectors, mine detectors etc"

sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 24 April 2015 11:07:23 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Hello Guys -

The Racer Gold is not too far away now -

This in from Makro today -

"Racer Gold will be available soon , it is in final test phase , we will inform you when it is finished"

I am sorry I cannot pass anything more on as I am like you all - Still waiting to hear more

However if the pre-launch is anything like the Makro Racer all information and questions will be provided and answered professionally as they are a company that does keep their customers well informed when needed -

All I can gather is the Racer Gold wont be too far away - To those of you who chase the odd nugget or two I hope this unit is good for you - Hope this helps
sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 1 May 2015 12:27:04 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Just an update on the Racer Gold -

The following was taken from this site
http://www.detectorprosp...old-racer-preview/page-2

"Hello... The Gold Racer is in our testing stage. Once we finalize our tests, samples will be sent to a few testers in the USA, Australia and Africa.
It will be released in the same form and shape of the Racer but in a different color and the stock coil will be the 10X5'' coil.
That is all I can share at this moment."

Again not much as this stage however I thought I would pass this on to those interested.....
sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 18 May 2015 11:27:48 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Still nothing new on the Racer Gold to pass on however just to wet your appetite have you thought of considering the Nokta Fors CoRe/Gold?

http://noktadetectors.co...relic-metal-detector.asp

With the F75's/T2's running at 13khz and the Gold Bug Pro/G2/F19 running at 19khz, the Fors CoRe and Gold sit nicely between highly rated Gold VLF detectors at 15khz -

With some testing already confirming that the Nokta's are as sensitive to small gold as the 19khz First Texas units and are also proving themselves to be as good as the F75's/T2's on coins and relics -

Here is some interesting information -
http://www.detectorprosp...+%2Bfors+%2Bcore+%2Bgold

http://www.detectorprosp...+%2Bfors+%2Bcore+%2Bgold

I will keep you all posted when I here more on the Racer Gold