New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

rockygems  
Posted : Thursday, 30 April 2015 6:47:22 PM(UTC)
rockygems

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

New to forum with aim of buying some gold flake. Wanted for jewellery purposes. Before parting with cash I will need to be able to get some references of some sort so if you cannot provide verifiable refs please don't waste your time. Once all is established as good for all would be looking for ongoing supply.
nafcd  
Posted : Thursday, 30 April 2015 8:37:11 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
not being nasty but you may need to do the same. a few members have been burnt with dodgy deals on here
The Hatter  
Posted : Thursday, 30 April 2015 9:16:50 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Just do a search for gold flake on Trademe. Plenty of stuff there. Sadly for you our last scammer had a Bank account from Wellington. And a few got burnt. You turn up here with one post. Wanting to buy gold. Sorry. But who knows who you are. Of course if you are prepared to deposit your money into the sellers bank account, before he sends you the product, then all is well. But then that could also backfire. As anyone can join here, after seeing your post and scam you. It could be the scammer scamming the scammer. So without sounding to inhospitable, buggar off and go to Trademe. "On going supply". Yep you are our ole Carrot Dangler back again under another alias aka "Rockygems". New to forum.
Pretty hard to find " Paydirt" unless you are in the know. Last time a friend referred you here, this time you are new to the Forum. Just buggar off.

Seller be Aware. Potential Scam Alert.

The gold Police

Edited by user Thursday, 30 April 2015 9:19:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

rockygems  
Posted : Thursday, 30 April 2015 9:54:34 PM(UTC)
rockygems

New Zealand

I understand the reaction is sceptical. Obviously if there have been some scams then it tends to make people suspicious. Perfectly normal and doesn't worry me at all. Firstly because no-one in their right mind is going to send me gold without there receiving funds first. So this sort of removes the necessity for asking for my references does it not?. I am the one taking the risk. Secondly where I buy the gold is immaterial, I haven't looked on trade me so will look there as well. Reason I tried here was to see whether or not there were any actual potential sellers or if you were all more interested in the recreational aspect of getting outdoors and having a bit of fun with the occasional bonus of a little bit of a find to keep in the bedside table. Carrot Dangler I'm not...but that is amusing. I've eaten a few but don't normally dangle them. I am a trained jeweller and have been in the Industry for 35 years , am now retired and looking to do some work with NZ only products. I can supply many references as to my credentials as necessary. As I said I understand your scepticism. Misplaced in this particular case...but then I would say that wouldn't I?
gold-bug  
Posted : Thursday, 30 April 2015 10:03:30 PM(UTC)
gold-bug

New Zealand

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Rockygems,

I've sent you a PM if you wish to discuss trading. I don't agree with trial by forum.

Cheers
The Hatter  
Posted : Thursday, 30 April 2015 10:08:43 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Ok Rocky

Just make sure if you buy off anybody here, they have a very good number of posts and good feedback. The Thanks are about the only feedback we have. Beware of anybody, who suddenly appears with just one post, as they may be about to scam you. And beware of Nuggets4u, they were our last scammer and maybe got close to $1000.00. With no goods delivered. And then they went bye bye, never to be heard of again

Cheers Trev aka The Hatter and occasionally " The Gold Police"
nafcd  
Posted : Friday, 1 May 2015 12:23:16 AM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gold-bug Go to Quoted Post
Hi Rockygems,

I've sent you a PM if you wish to discuss trading. I don't agree with trial by forum.

Cheers

I wouldn't say its trial by forum. just letting him know the situation.

rockygems  
Posted : Friday, 1 May 2015 10:26:38 AM(UTC)
rockygems

New Zealand

No offence taken..I completely understand. Always appreciate people who say what they think and I certainly don't expect people to trust me with their hard won finds either. Although my wife says ...to know me is to love me. I think she was referring to me but cant be sure. :-)
rockygems  
Posted : Friday, 22 May 2015 3:52:47 PM(UTC)
rockygems

New Zealand

So still open to buying if anyone is of like mind. I have managed to buy some but am trying to establish a pool of suppliers since my project requires about 5 ounces to get started and an ongoing supply ...no Hatter ..no carrots being dangled, mangled or tangled. PM me if you want.