New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
kiwijw  
Posted : Friday, 15 May 2015 7:32:55 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi guys couldnt help myself. Check this out & who is selling it. RED ALERT ??? Is there a coincedence here??
I will say no more. http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=887868040

JW
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Friday, 15 May 2015 7:52:32 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
See he trimmed the Minelab logo off the coil pic, shame he missed the other one (Good spotting Gavin)
The Hatter  
Posted : Friday, 15 May 2015 9:56:17 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
About time you returned Jw. You have been missed.

Cheers Trev
kiwijw  
Posted : Saturday, 16 May 2015 11:33:35 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Hi Trev, Thank you. Just thought I would put this "listing" up to bring it to peoples attention. Funny how the first pic of the detector is actually a 4500 if you look closely at the numbers. Also for a detector that has been used a few times it is funny how things still seem to be wrapped up in platic & the coil has no bolt or wing nut through it. His finger also tries to hide the minelab name above the LCD screen & the battery & headphone photos are taken from angles that dont show the minelab name. Price is pretty good at the moment though for spare parts for the real minelabs.

JW :)
sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 17 May 2015 11:46:09 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
there seems to be quite a few Chinese manufacturers making these Minelabs these days YET there does NOT seem to be too many complaints as to how crap they actually perform - Honestly these knockoffs have been selling for years and I have not run across groups of people complaining about them yet, asides from the usual counterfeit, copy, fake statements - Can someone point me to a link or something regarding these particular units and how crappy they actually are?
Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
nafcd  
Posted : Sunday, 17 May 2015 1:04:03 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
if it does go for around the price its at now then not a lot of money to lose even if it is crap. only thing I would be a bit concerned about is that his feedback isn't that flash.

Edited by user Sunday, 17 May 2015 1:05:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WestieDigger  
Posted : Sunday, 17 May 2015 9:05:40 PM(UTC)
WestieDigger

New Zealand

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Well at least he's not pretending its a real minelab and basically admits its a copy.
As long as when the next guy resells it he does the same then there is no harm done? Problem is that the next owner may not be so "honest".
2016 Totals

Gold 0
Silver 3
Silver coins 25
Returns 2

my blog-
http://westiedigger.blogspot.co.nz
andy  
Posted : Sunday, 17 May 2015 11:17:48 PM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
yeah he plainly says its from china! guess its a buy at your own risk sorta deal lol!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 18 May 2015 10:55:57 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

It would be interesting to see how well one of these units go compared to the Minelab GPX's

Be great if someone near the seller went and tested this thing out before the auction ends to give us their opinion -

I see there are 2/3 versions coming out of China under different names which has been going on for quite some time - Could it not be possible that these actually perform very well for the money invested?

I know from my experience regarding metal detectors coming out of China is that if you still think its junk coming from there then you are seriously in need of an update -

They only positive I see is that the seller is NOT selling it as a Minelab
jimmy bedrock  
Posted : Monday, 18 May 2015 4:51:42 PM(UTC)
jimmy bedrock

New Zealand

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 104 post(s)
If its anything like my counterfeit Whites GMT was it would be terrible. The smallest thing it would detect was a 22 bullet sometimes if you could keep it ground balanced for more than a swing lol a real 1 could detect 100x smaller bits of gold.
I did 100 hours with it and 0 gold...same place ,same hours, real gold bug 20g gold.
You mite as well be swinging a stick and a plate lol

Edited by user Monday, 18 May 2015 6:36:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nafcd  
Posted : Monday, 18 May 2015 8:31:47 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

still a bargain if its any good but at $120 and still going up I don't think I would be bidding.
sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 18 May 2015 10:48:08 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Quite a chuckle to see one of the bidders going for this detector has been on the public bandwagon slamming Chinese metal detectors and Minelab copies for ages, yet like so many, is more than happy to bend the rules when its their very own interests they are bidding for - PMSL

Again - the seller has invited those interested to view and test the detector so surely there's one of you electronic prosepecting cantabs that could go around there and let the rest of NZ know how these units actually perform? - I mean lets face it, I would be miffed if it did go as well as a GPX4500 after shelling out thousands of hard earned cash -

Lets hope someones intuative enough to have a nosey

Edited by user Monday, 18 May 2015 10:56:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kiwijw  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 12:00:45 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Originally Posted by: sycotoad Go to Quoted Post
there seems to be quite a few Chinese manufacturers making these Minelabs these days YET there does NOT seem to be too many complaints as to how crap they actually perform - Honestly these knockoffs have been selling for years and I have not run across groups of people complaining about them yet, asides from the usual counterfeit, copy, fake statements - Can someone point me to a link or something regarding these particular units and how crappy they actually are?

Can someone point me to a link or something regarding these paticular units and how good they actually are? I havnt seen one report on any gold fossicking/prospecting forum any where in the world that shows ONE piece of gold found with one of these units. I could show you photos of the 13 bits I found yesterday. Although 4 of those were with my SDC 2300, & the sunday before another 13 bits & the sunday before that 12 bits & the sunday before that 16 bits. All found with a real GPX 4500 & 14 X 9 nuggetfinder coil.
If the price doesnt get too outragous I will buy it so that I can compare it with a real minelab GPX 4500. Then I will let you all know the truth. But I think I know the truth all ready.
It will be a copied GPX 5000 though & not a 4500 like the copied & pasted photo that he has put up of the 4500. That is pretty lame to do that when the rest of the pics that looks like they are his photos are a copied 5000. Also depending on the price it could be a good score for some spare parts. Like battery lead, battery, battery harness, handle with the push button ground balance, headphones, Shafts & assembly, arm cuff, bolts & wing nuts Anything electronic I wouldnt be holding my breath as being any where near as good as the real deal. Even the coil. But the truth will be in the testing & comparing.

JW

JW

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 May 2015 12:02:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chchnuggetdetect  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 2:52:01 AM(UTC)
chchnuggetdetect

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I doubt any of the parts will be useable. But go ahead and buy it for our continued entertainment. I'll bet its a very poor VLF.
chchnuggetdetect  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 3:15:26 AM(UTC)
chchnuggetdetect

Man
New Zealand

"Dear Sir,

The cost for 1pcs to New Zealand is:

1pcs DH5000: 1800USD
DHL cost: 90USD
In total: 1890USD.

Wait for your confirming.

Best regards!
Simon Zhang, International Sales
Shenzhen Duhui Technology Co.,Limited
TEL: 86-755-29403081 Fax:86-755-29786736
www.activedetecting.com"

Poor TM sucker if he paid that much
Zhang in another email claims that it is PI though I doubt its even a good VLF:

" Our DH5000 is a Bi-Level Pulse Induction detector.

Adopted with Multi Period Sensing (MPS), Dual Voltage Technology (DVT) and Smart Electronic Timing Alignment (SETA) technologies, it has high sensitivity and very good discrimination performance for finding gold nuggets."

Are ML assembled in China? That's the only way good stuff is going be sneaking out of the real factory rear door.

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 May 2015 3:23:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: expanded

kiwijw  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 9:00:37 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Hi there chchnuggetdetect, Yes, from other sources I believe it is just a VLF dressed up in look alike GPX clothing so not even worth it for spare parts. I will be giving it a miss as I dont need to waste my time on it when I have the real thing that does the goods for me. End of matter. Cheers.

Good luck to you out there

JW :)
sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:12:29 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: chchnuggetdetect Go to Quoted Post
"Dear Sir,

The cost for 1pcs to New Zealand is:

1pcs DH5000: 1800USD
DHL cost: 90USD
In total: 1890USD.

Wait for your confirming.

Best regards!
Simon Zhang, International Sales
Shenzhen Duhui Technology Co.,Limited
TEL: 86-755-29403081 Fax:86-755-29786736
www.activedetecting.com"

Poor TM sucker if he paid that much
Zhang in another email claims that it is PI though I doubt its even a good VLF:

" Our DH5000 is a Bi-Level Pulse Induction detector.

Adopted with Multi Period Sensing (MPS), Dual Voltage Technology (DVT) and Smart Electronic Timing Alignment (SETA) technologies, it has high sensitivity and very good discrimination performance for finding gold nuggets."

Are ML assembled in China? That's the only way good stuff is going be sneaking out of the real factory rear door.

Your prices are high -

This is what was sent to me -

"We can offer you 1 pc.

1 pc TEC-GPX5000 is $550.
shipped to New Zealand by expres is $170."

"Pls check our gold detector quotation as below:

The price is $ 720/set,you will receive the good 3-5 days after your payment."

Also you seem to be under the impression like so many here that China's standard of manufacturing is substandard - Why do you think so much western corporate manufacturing goes on there -

Cheap labour you say???

Big Global brands have been using cheap labour for decades so it stands to reason as to why they manufacture in China - I import a Chinese VLF which not only looks but performs to the same level of the US made one (via China), is a quarter of the price but best of all their after sales service in way superior to what I have experienced out of the USA......

Looking at those quotes sent through to me, I can pay for the product using Paypal (safeguards your purchase) abd it comes with a full warranty so if you are NOT happy, then you get your money back -

Honestly I would not wait to see if I could get this one cheap to compare - The seller has invited you all to try before the auction closes so why not look at it first & then rubbish it -

Finally if you all think that the units coming out of China are all shite then all I can say to that is you have had your head in a hole for way too long

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:15:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nafcd  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 1:44:06 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

don't think there is much that's not made in china now. got a well known compression tester supposedly made by a US company and told the shop assistant I didn't want crap. it came in their box with a wee sticker hidden on the back. made in china. works ok though.
sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 5:07:14 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

For the record - No I am NOT looking at purchasing one as I do not prospect enough to warrant it however if I was a electronic prospector I would certainly look toward these for parts if it didnt perform to that of its original -

I am also bemused as to why trademe allow this to be sold on their site considering its a copy of a Minelab

It appears they accept copies of some products and not others or it could simply come down to who cries the loudest lol
gixer24  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 5:19:59 PM(UTC)
gixer24

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

I suppose unless someone reports it to trademe they would be hard pressed to know its a counterfeit, especially the way the trader has worded the auction.
2 Pages12>