New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Tombstone  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 4:04:48 PM(UTC)
Tombstone

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Garrett NZ haven't any At Pro's in stock & man they are over priced like all their detectors but I got cash so if anyone has one for sale let me know. Have some great permissions & my old Garrett is off being repaired - Garrett NZ tech away for several weeks. Must be in good well looked after condition and preferably with some warranty still left on it but out of warranty & for the right price I could still be interested. Look for quick purchase. Cheers!
sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 2:15:35 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Hi Terry - Welcome to the forum :)

From memory I think there is another Garrett dealer in NZ you could try -

I imported mine when I was swinging the AT Pro - That is certainly the cheaper option -

Can I ask why you are looking at a AT Pro and what sort of hunting are you doing? water, beaches etc

The reason I ask is that if you are looking at a detector with great weatherproof (fully submerged for five hours) features and the latest in technology then perhaps the NEW F44 might be a good option ..........

Not taking anything away from the popular AT Pro but there are great units out there now - cheers
Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
under the bedrock  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 8:06:43 PM(UTC)
under the bedrock

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
angrytoad did you import via ebay.com ie america
Tombstone  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 9:04:38 PM(UTC)
Tombstone

New Zealand

Got it through a friend who's bringing it over for me from the UK. By the time you import from the U.S you might as well buy one here with a full waranty - importing from the States there's customs / tax / shipping - all mounts up super fast and you end up saving very little if anything. I could have bought one on ebay which was a good deal but it was out of warranty. I just won't go there. Too much money to risk on something that could have problems.
sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 10:32:36 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: under the bedrock Go to Quoted Post
angrytoad did you import via ebay.com ie america

Yes - however that was before Garrett stopped US Dealers selling overseas (about 3 years ago) - its not too hard to find a reputable seller that will ship to NZ on ebay USA -

Edited by user Sunday, 14 June 2015 10:39:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 10:38:06 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Tombstone Go to Quoted Post
Got it through a friend who's bringing it over for me from the UK. By the time you import from the U.S you might as well buy one here with a full waranty - importing from the States there's customs / tax / shipping - all mounts up super fast and you end up saving very little if anything. I could have bought one on ebay which was a good deal but it was out of warranty. I just won't go there. Too much money to risk on something that could have problems.

Wise move - I certainly would not buy a AT Pro thats out of warranty

I saved around $200 and that included a free Garrett Pro Pointer when I got mine - So a little over $400 saving

Now the NZD has shite itself we are paying heaps more

Tombstone  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 11:01:04 PM(UTC)
Tombstone

New Zealand

Yeah, the dollar thing has certainly rained on my parade as I normally buy a lot of stuff online but whatcha gonna do? Way I see it, maybe selfishly so is the less people with detectors the more relics for the rest of us LOL! That sounds bad dont it?
sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 15 June 2015 12:59:42 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Sounds good to me lol -

I just love this hobby and this post from another forum sums it up for me

"Yes, hunting, moving, thinking, calculating, camaraderie, history, historic, machines, equipment, outdoors, suspense, adventure, wildlife, mornings (love early mornings), old coins, relics handled by our past peoples, something we really look forward to do,......what more can a fella ask for?"

I also cherish the solitude of hunting in some of NZd's most scenic places -

And the fact that this hobby does so much good for our communities is reward enough for me - pulling a coin out of the ground is a bonus, anything better is just the icing on the cake -