New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

goldfinger  
Posted : Tuesday, 23 August 2011 6:31:56 PM(UTC)
goldfinger

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
http://www.alibaba.com/p...ectors_Gold_GPX4500.html

I have done a little research and have found they are appearing slowly on Ebay and maybe trademe ...beware.....know body seems to know how they perform.Openning it up for discussion.
Karl McDowell  
Posted : Tuesday, 23 August 2011 6:53:43 PM(UTC)
Karl McDowell

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Like anything - you get what you pay for. I think if I was looking at detector purchase in that price range I would be going for a high-end tri frequency VLF detector (genuine) rather than a knock-off PI from some sweat shop in China. I've seen other replicated electronic goods before and it's never what it claims to be. Stay well clear would be sound advice.
Wasi  
Posted : Wednesday, 24 August 2011 8:25:18 PM(UTC)
Wasi

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Being a person who imports goods for my business from China regularly I can say China can make hi quality goods and utter crap that looks just the same till you go to use it. A lot of their "Knock off" products are in fact seconds from the factories that make the original. These are supposed to be scrapped but they sell them and they are repaired or not and resold again. The other way they reach the market is that they are made in China under licence and when the company takes their production somewhere else the the chinese company just keeps on making them. China doesn't have copyright laws like we do. My advise Caveat Emptor Buyer beware
kiwijw  
Posted : Wednesday, 24 August 2011 11:30:51 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
If China doesnt have or obey copyright laws then they shouldnt be allowed to compete or trade with their pirated products in countries that do. Bit of an unfare advantage dont you think?? No wonder the western world is going down the gurgler with cheap & often crap products from China undermining & taking away manufacturing from the western world countries & hence taking away jobs etc. I dont need to spell out the longer term effects of all this & what it is doing to our countries. Who are the bloody idiots then? It is our own greed for cheaper products that is under mining our own countries growth by sending all this manufacturing to China & so cutting our own throats in the long run.

JW

Edited by user Wednesday, 24 August 2011 11:32:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

garrymac  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 12:28:11 AM(UTC)
garrymac

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
i woudnt trust some of this knockoff gear they no understand , no english, but happy to disapear with our hard earned dollar. My dad once said never trust anybody that you can blindfold with a shoestring
kiwijw  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 7:43:27 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Originally Posted by: garrymac Go to Quoted Post
i woudnt trust some of this knockoff gear they no understand , no english, but happy to disapear with our hard earned dollar. My dad once said never trust anybody that you can blindfold with a shoestring

Hi Garry, They understand english very well they just play on the " not understand, speak no english. thing" They dont care who they rip off. They are just in it for the money & it makes a mockery of copyright. How can we or anyone else compete with a country like that who can just rip off any product they like because they can see a dollar in it with no care or worry about copyright. What a joke, but they are laughing all the way to the bank. It isnt a level playing field so what a bunch of idiots are we for allowing it to happen. It is our short term greed for cheaper products that are fueling them & distroying our own country. Keep our own people & country working rather than laying these workers off to join the dole que because there job has gone to China. Only because we let it happen. IDIOTS!! China will rule the world. America must be shitting themselves & so should we.

JW
goldfinger  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 9:12:12 AM(UTC)
goldfinger

Man

i sent the above enquiry to a Minelab modification expert (web site below) and here is his answer" .There is no way the Chinese can copy or get into the Hitachi micro that Minelab has inside the detector to clone one. So it will never be a Minelab, it will be a VLF in a Minelab housing.. A complete and utter scam."

http://detectormods.com/Minelab_Mods.html
goldfinger  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 9:18:43 AM(UTC)
goldfinger

Man

http://detectormods.maxforum.org/

Edited by user Thursday, 25 August 2011 9:28:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 2:27:56 PM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Agree with you all there. the Chinese, very clever tho. They were expert gold miners. Often they would go thru the whitemans tailings and produce more gold. Hill End in Australia, Me and Tex were panning this creek when this ol dood came along with his frypan.. we were on his patch. He went on about times so all was good and he showed us how the chinese could do a full pan in 21 seconds. nah... yip... i had it down to that. They used to have compititions who could pan the quickest, you were out if you werent down to neally nothing in 11 seconds. Hence why they found more, being a lot quicker. I kid you not. Try it. 21 seconds.

Shane

Edited by user Thursday, 25 August 2011 2:31:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 2:34:57 PM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Take 20 pieces of lead, any size, throw them in a full pan and go hard. See wot you come up with. Try it 5 or 6 times. Thats if your a good panner of coarse...lol

Shane
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 4:20:28 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Yeah, it irritates me when people talk about China as if it were equivalent to North America or Europe. It isn’t. There is no such thing as corruption in China that is just the normal operating procedure. Another thing they have done is buy legitimate companies who have manufactured quality goods for decades, shut them down and just use the label on shoddy Chinese crap. Although as someone said above China can and does manufacture high quality materials as well; good luck figuring out which are which.
exkiwi123  
Posted : Saturday, 27 August 2011 9:58:25 PM(UTC)
exkiwi123

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
if you ar thinking of buying a mine lab metal detector ask for serial number on machine all minelabs have them even sd /gp /gpx contact minelab aus they will tell if it is one of there machines also if buying a modified mine lab detector ///minelab may not fix it
exkiwi123  
Posted : Saturday, 27 August 2011 10:17:50 PM(UTC)
exkiwi123

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
we also have chinese on offer here on //e bay /the same as your tread me these detectors are so close to minelab it is not funny buyer be carefaul as i have stated ask for id numbers on detectors then e mail mine lab ex kiwi/// check id numbers the sticker should not be removed from detector ///ex kiwi