New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

shaneE  
Posted : Monday, 12 October 2015 12:24:31 PM(UTC)
shaneE

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
So bought a new propointer off trademe got it today got it out the box and was like wait somethings not right here turns out its a fake,sounds off one beep when turned on and doesnt work the way it should has this happend to anyone before? and if so how do i go about reporting it as im pretty sure i wont see my money again bloody gutted ive emailed seller and waiting on reply
sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2015 9:15:43 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shaneE Go to Quoted Post
So bought a new propointer off trademe got it today got it out the box and was like wait somethings not right here turns out its a fake,sounds off one beep when turned on and doesnt work the way it should has this happend to anyone before? and if so how do i go about reporting it as im pretty sure i wont see my money again bloody gutted ive emailed seller and waiting on reply

Contact seller and get them to refund you fully - If that dont work let trademe know about the counterfeit item -

Can you please let us know the seller so members here can possibly avoid? I also would like to look into this further

Ironically the big brand companies that are having problems with counterfeits are the ones that get their manufacturing done offshore in asian countries - Minelab - First Texas - Garrett

If you are going to pay HUGE money for a chinese made US Branded machine then thats your choice - I on the other hand prefer to miss the US intermediatries by going to China direct or buying from a manufacturer that does actually make the product -

Sorry to hear about your purchase

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
kiwisouth  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2015 10:34:28 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Sellers have to abide by the Consumers Guarantee Act so item you purchase has to be fit for purpose. Commerce Commission are really pushing this at the moment. Good write up in the local paper recently. Retailers are trying to tell folks that if they have a problem with an item they bought from their shop, they should contact the manufacturer, when in fact, the retailers are the ones responsible. And don't get sucked into buying an extended warranty.
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
LittleKiwiDetecting  
Posted : Sunday, 22 November 2015 10:47:04 PM(UTC)
LittleKiwiDetecting

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I have heard of this before. Is it an AT pro pointer? Of course. The seller probably isn't based in NZ and is probably a pyramid scam.
Fisher F22
Pre-decimals: 10
Best Finds: German Pistol, Horse bit, Lead Belt Buckle