New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Zman  
Posted : Thursday, 3 December 2015 1:19:41 AM(UTC)
Zman

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not declaring the location for obvious reasons. It is really good to study historical documents for clues. I am a bit of an adventurer too and love the outdoors. The particular area I have found has some weird markings. I know some locals have died and gone to their graves about locations of these secret mine areas. Maybe I found one. Bit dangerous to climb around. A lot of native bush (and cyanide warning signs). I also have a magic gold spiral wheel which like a dud dropped the drive cog by accident there around the creek and have to try to metal detect it as I can't get the part in New Zealand. So now I have to find my precious part while looking for the yellow stuff. Found a little quartz rock too. Lovely little sheltered creek. I am back from nearly 20 years in America and I am very sad to see how restricted we are in NZ compared to Americans who have a whole lot more freedom than us in that regard. That's why it's called the land of opportunity. I was a bit of a fool today to go detect on Muriwai beach looking for rings etc. when it is a black sand beach. I just couldn't nil out the many pings I was getting. Used the salt setting and tried various adjustments. Also used a falcon SD20 (I believe it is called). So I pretty much wasted my day there. People were giving me weird looks there at the beach. Seeing some fella in military looking clothing waving a detector around. On the way out I noticed a protest sign about them fighting mining the beach. Maybe they thought I might be a mining company spy LOL.
userkc  
Posted : Monday, 25 January 2016 8:26:57 PM(UTC)
userkc

Russian Federation

I have a few notable places west of Auckland, if you can go check it out?
WestieDigger  
Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2016 11:24:27 PM(UTC)
WestieDigger

New Zealand

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Hi Ursic,
I am west Auckland born and raised I know the waitakere mountains and coast well.
I am intrigued by the prospects of a gold location amongst the 16 million year old decaying remains of a large andesitic volcano.
Unless you mean further west than than the waitakere mountains which would mean
your directions are uncannily accurate as I am sure that if I go far enough west from Auckland I will eventually arrive back at the Coroglen pub.
Though if I go the long way round I might be better off having a scratch on the Rand or having a looksie for Eldorado on the long way round.
Or have you found the Lost uboat with the nazi gold? because my mates auntie Tui has called dibs on that because its been parked on her sea floor for fifty odd years, someone in the kriegsmarine owes her a ship load of mooring fees.

Edited by user Tuesday, 26 January 2016 11:26:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2016 Totals

Gold 0
Silver 3
Silver coins 25
Returns 2

my blog-
http://westiedigger.blogspot.co.nz
userkc  
Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2016 11:50:43 PM(UTC)
userkc

Russian Federation

:) about the Nazis is very funny.

I am a man yesterday responded and I showed him where exactly these places. waiting for an answer from him. I'm a geologist, I think it is an interesting place in terms of the presence of gold. I can show you have the ability and knowledge to go and check.
mwyatt  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2016 11:42:01 AM(UTC)
mwyatt

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi userkc,

I had a look at the locations you've sent me. It's in Waiuku in a farmers paddock. I know the area well and don't believe I'll find anything there. If you've given me coordinates for say Fairy Falls in the waitakeries, I would have said "For sure!, I've found -300 flour gold below the falls". But in Waiuku, pretty much in the mangrove flood plain...I don't know mate...

Cheers,
MWyatt
userkc  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2016 4:32:21 PM(UTC)
userkc

Russian Federation

This volcanic rocks found there placer gold will not work, he said that the place is gold ore. to find it tedious to be careful.
i found indirect confirmation of the fact that I am right in the sediments of the river Waiuku found ironsand which have titanium and titanium, it is often in association with gold. so that there may be a very interesting mineralization.

Edited by user Wednesday, 27 January 2016 11:22:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified