New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Southridge  
Posted : Monday, 28 December 2015 6:23:48 PM(UTC)
Southridge

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well finally got out for the first time this summer and what a great day for it apart from the small hole in the back of wet suit witch has left me with a very sun burnt wet suit hole sized mark on my back lol but a few beers later can't feel a thing
Not quite Abel to give up my day job but quite happy with our efforts only have a small 2inch dredge but only doing it for fun so not about what we find but the bull&$$@ talked with good mates and fun had
File Attachment(s):
The Hatter  
Posted : Tuesday, 29 December 2015 6:52:23 AM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Pretty good result for a two inch. At one stage I had a five inch Keene Triple, a couple of six inch underwater jobs, and a four inch Surface. Got a brand new Keene 3 inch sitting out in the garage, but yet to be used.

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"
Southridge  
Posted : Tuesday, 29 December 2015 6:45:53 PM(UTC)
Southridge

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hey hatter thanks yeah it's only small dredge but runs like a dream only had two plug ups for the day and I get two hours to a tank of gas so cheap as to run lol we are also building a 6 at the moment but dunno if we will see it run this summer I do have a few questions for u hatter if you don't mind ? how did your under water set up go for finer gold recovery only haveing the two inch is fine for most of where I go as it's pretty much already on bed rock but there is a few areas that it would be good to be able to run something over the top to clear a bit of stuff out the way then finish the clean up with the two inch if u know what I mean.
The Hatter  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 December 2015 7:24:03 AM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
The underwater dredges are pretty well useless on fine gold sadly. In your case, they would only be of any use an as an
overburden shifter

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"