New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

goldminerdaughter  
Posted : Monday, 2 May 2016 12:09:58 PM(UTC)
goldminerdaughter

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My incredible father was an amateur Central Otago prospector (mostly sluicing). Before he died he had a beautiful bracelet made for me from some of the gold he found over the years.

I haven't taken it off for over a decade, but tragically lost it in the weekend! I'm desperate to get it back and think I might have lost it in our garden. I've pulled the place apart, so now I'm looking for someone in Wellington with good detection skills to help me urgently find my treasured bracelet before his 13 year anniversary next week.

I can't find anyone in wellington to help me find it and a generous reward will apply.
LepreSean  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 May 2016 4:56:44 PM(UTC)
LepreSean

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: goldminerdaughter Go to Quoted Post
My incredible father was an amateur Central Otago prospector (mostly sluicing). Before he died he had a beautiful bracelet made for me from some of the gold he found over the years.

I haven't taken it off for over a decade, but tragically lost it in the weekend! I'm desperate to get it back and think I might have lost it in our garden. I've pulled the place apart, so now I'm looking for someone in Wellington with good detection skills to help me urgently find my treasured bracelet before his 13 year anniversary next week.

I can't find anyone in wellington to help me find it and a generous reward will apply.

Best of luck. I am sure there will be somebody on here who can help with their CSI skills and a bit of luck find your treasure :)
auri sacra fames (accursed hunger for gold)
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 May 2016 7:10:26 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Send a Message to SamAsh, he's in Wellington and may be able to help.
If you lost it in your garden, I'd put the recovery rate at 95%+

You might want to edit the title of your original post to "Wellington Lost Bracelet" or similar.

I'm at the other end of the island, but wish you the best of luck, I've done several recoveries and the smiles at the end always make it worth while

oneounce  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 May 2016 8:19:59 PM(UTC)
oneounce

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Detecting in Wellington next few days so have contacted her.
HH
1oz

CTX3030
Excalibur 11
Detecknix Xpointer
Gray Ghost Underwater Headphones
Gog Headphones

Detecting - Knowledge is Power
oneounce  
Posted : Wednesday, 11 May 2016 1:40:17 PM(UTC)
oneounce

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

It only took 15 minites to reunite the bracelet with the Goldminersdaughter. Quick swing in the back yard and then moving some outdoor furniture to get at another area and out it fell from the furniture. One very happy lady.

HH
10z

CTX3030
Excalibur 11
Detecknix Xpointer
Gog Headphones

goldminerdaughter  
Posted : Wednesday, 11 May 2016 6:42:47 PM(UTC)
goldminerdaughter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you SO much Tom. You're my hero and I'm so happy to be reunited with my precious bracelet!!!
kiwisouth  
Posted : Thursday, 12 May 2016 12:11:04 AM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
What we need is a Like button or something. Really pleased you got your bracelet back, I can only imagine how you felt when you lost it. Now thanks to that awesome fella OneOunce, you have it back. Now that is great news. Bet he got a good case of warm and fuzzies when he found it. I got the same when my wife's friend lost her Pandora bracelet in the garden. But your story is so special.
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Thursday, 12 May 2016 9:18:06 AM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oneounce Go to Quoted Post
It only took 15 minites to reunite the bracelet with the Goldminersdaughter. Quick swing in the back yard and then moving some outdoor furniture to get at another area and out it fell from the furniture. One very happy lady.

HH
10z

Hahahaha that is hillarious.
Good work. Are you 10z now? Is that the largest nugget you've found?

Originally Posted by: kiwisouth Go to Quoted Post
What we need is a Like button or something. Really pleased you got your bracelet back, I can only imagine how you felt when you lost it. Now thanks to that awesome fella OneOunce, you have it back. Now that is great news. Bet he got a good case of warm and fuzzies when he found it. I got the same when my wife's friend lost her Pandora bracelet in the garden. But your story is so special.

You can now see two thanks at the bottom of your post. One is from me, that is our 'like' here on the forums.
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46
oneounce  
Posted : Thursday, 12 May 2016 1:49:24 PM(UTC)
oneounce

Man
New Zealand

Sorry Goldpandemic but I only count the keepers.

HH
1oz

CTX3030
Excalibur 11
Detecknix Xpointer
Gog Headphones